August 15, 2018, 04:52:02 PM

Author Topic: [Release] Warcraft Source 0.78 for Counterstrike Source & Global Offensive  (Read 12176 times)

Offline Manifest

• Race & effect creator
  • Level 7 Expert
  • Content creator for the new WCS version by Kami.
Re: [Release] Warcraft Source 0.78 for Counterstrike Source & Global Offensive
« Reply #30 on: January 13, 2018, 09:53:35 AM »
Do you mean the one that looks like it has a an energy ball pulsing downwards from the centre of it?

Yes, exactly that one that you describe right there.
It is a blue orb for counter-terrorists, and a red orb for the terrorists, with a line down into the middle of a ring that then keeps on sort of pulsating like you describe it. :-)
If a player is then within reach of the ward they will then take damage, and there'll be made an almost invisible line from the ward to the player who's being attacked. :-)
"BRAVORA: Bruh it is fucking operation crystal night when you are approving races."

Offline WCS - Wookie

• Level 6 Experienced
  • Qualified Teacher, working in IT and loving WCS.
« Reply #31 on: January 14, 2018, 07:39:22 AM »
Sounds sexy, is it compatible with css effects? Asking for a friend :P
 8)
If you like WCS and are from AUS/NZ drop by our server to take a look.

Offline Manifest

• Race & effect creator
  • Level 7 Expert
« Reply #32 on: January 14, 2018, 11:26:10 AM »
Yes, it was originally designed for CS:S.

Right now it is not actually compatible with CSGO, until I start working on sorting out the materials part of the WCS version, but assuming you use ALL the materials provided by Kami right now, then it should be available, and usable.

The thing is, the effects are currently coded into a command, so if you intend to use the effects of this new version on older WCS versions, then you would have to implement this effect in your current ward command :-) 
"BRAVORA: Bruh it is fucking operation crystal night when you are approving races."

Offline zloykif

• Level 7 Expert
« Reply #33 on: January 15, 2018, 09:33:50 AM »
nice work  :D (not tested yet)

Offline Manifest

• Race & effect creator
  • Level 7 Expert
« Reply #34 on: January 15, 2018, 11:59:04 AM »
Hey ZloyKif! (^.^)

Yes, it certainly has come quite a long way, if you do wish to test the modification please do so, the more testers the better it'll be for the modification as we can find all those small bugs and fix them right away.

But if you rather want to try the modification in action gameplay wise, then if you are patient enough you can wait a bit for the server I am working on, I am currently still working on the race lineup, so it might take a little time before it is ready, but it should be able to show the possibilities with the modification.
It will also offer many hours of gameplay for those who wish to give the server a shot once it's up, I promise you will not be dissappointed. :-)

Ps. thank you for helping me out here the other day, it was really nice of you, to take your time and help me out a bit. :-)

Offline WCS - Wookie

• Level 6 Experienced
« Reply #35 on: January 16, 2018, 11:22:05 PM »
Hey Kami,

Will I need the emulator to run this in CS Source or are the instructions for installation slightly different?

Online Kami

• Developer
  • Level 7 Expert
  • Pokemon Master!
« Reply #36 on: January 17, 2018, 05:35:32 AM »
I dont know If you can install Eventscripts and source-python at the Same time. If so, you could replace the Emulator with Eventscripts. But I'd reccomend using Source-python and the Emulator in cs:s instead of  Eventscripts :)

Offline Ayuto

• Level 1 Trained Beginner
    • Source.Python
« Reply #37 on: January 17, 2018, 07:23:29 AM »
You can only run Source.Python and EventScripts at the same time if you are running a Windows Server.

Offline WCS - Wookie

• Level 6 Experienced
« Reply #38 on: January 17, 2018, 08:37:09 AM »
Thanks for the helpful advice guys, and I'm running linux atm ayuto so I guess that rules that one out ;/

Just started optimising my races.ini file to look neater before moving all the existing code that isn't already in block format into blocks. Hoping to be done with that part by Saturday then i'll take a look at installing the mod on my server

Offline Manifest

• Race & effect creator
  • Level 7 Expert
« Reply #39 on: January 17, 2018, 12:13:13 PM »
Damn, it's nice to see some dedication around this forum! :D

Wookie in terms of the block format, you actually do NOT have to make it in block format as this version also supports the standard ini where everything is written in the skills and so on. We have chosen to do it because the block format is just way more clean and we figured it would be a good starting point, so that we have a contineously ongoing race structure :-)

So you can keep it like it is right now and it should also work, of course you would have to adapt the races themselves to the new version with the minor adjustments to commands e.g. es wcs damage is now es wcs_dealdamage, but that is sort of it :-)

Offline WCS - Wookie

• Level 6 Experienced
« Reply #40 on: January 17, 2018, 12:20:20 PM »
Thanks for the information Mani,

But this is really a long time coming. I should have tidied up this racefile and exported to blocks years ago when you told me about it. I too like seeing a tidy and efficient race file. My server will keep for now while I do the transition to the new version.

Online Kami

• Developer
  • Level 7 Expert
  • Pokemon Master!
« Reply #41 on: January 18, 2018, 08:37:07 PM »
Update:

• Added real centertell to CS:GO - use wcs_centertell <userid> <message> or wcs_centermsg <message>
  • Added teamrestrictions.py which adds working teamlimit, restrictteam and restrictmap functionality
  • Changed restrictions to work like the old WCS's
  • Moved the reset of speed, gravity and other things closer to the respawn so players don't notice it

Offline Ayuto

• Level 1 Trained Beginner
    • Source.Python
« Reply #42 on: January 18, 2018, 09:26:17 PM »
  • Added real centertell to CS:GO - use wcs_centertell <user ID> <message> or wcs_centermsg <message>
If there is something wrong with es.centertell why don't you open a new issue or pull request?

Online Kami

• Developer
  • Level 7 Expert
  • Pokemon Master!
« Reply #43 on: January 18, 2018, 09:40:22 PM »
There ist nothing wrong with it I think. I Just replaced the hudhint es.centertell does (which is fine) with hudmsg, so it Looks closer to the cs:s Centertell.  I don't think this is a Thing that should be a Default in the Emulator, so I added it as an Option to wcs

Offline Manifest

• Race & effect creator
  • Level 7 Expert
« Reply #44 on: January 19, 2018, 12:12:18 AM »
The version have been updated!
We recommend all users to use this new version as it fixes multiple errors and issues, more information can be found below.

Fix: Teamlimit
In all the previous versions of WCS you used to be able to exploit the teamlimit system, by doing the following.
If a race had a teamlimit set to 1 and another player on your team was playing the given race you could simply jump to the opposing team, choose the race and back to your old team. This has been dealt with and is no longer possible in the new version.

Fix: Restrictmap
Fixed up restrictmap to work, it did not work in the previous version, but now does. In addition a player can no longer choose a race he know is restricted in the upcoming map and remain playing it. If he is on a race that is restricted for the newly changed map then he will not be able to join a playable team until he have changed his race.

Fix: Restrictteam
Just like teamlimit in the previous wcs versions you could simply jump to the opposing team, pick the race and jump back. This too have been fixed and is no longer possible, players attemtping this will be informed that the race is only available to one specific team.

Fix: Jetpack
Players who had a jetpack/flying ultimate could use their ultimate and touch a ladder and get off it again, this would disable the player's current jetpack/flying state. This has been taken care of. Now when player's leave the ladders they will remain in the jeypack/flying state.
A special thank you goes out to Ayuto's due to his recent update which made our jetpack fix have become a lot better as it no longer is as hard on the servers!

Fix: Gravity
In CS:S it was a known issue on Linux some servers running WCS that after touching a ladder the clients gravity would be reset to the servers sv_gravity value. We fixed this issue and it should no longer be able to occur this goes for both CS:S and CS:GO.

Fix: RoundEnd
Previously in this version upon the round ending people would lose their different mobility related bonus affixes such as speed, longjump and gravity. They would lose these just after the bomb exploded or the timer ran out, leaving them with 4-7 seconds gameplay where most mobility based races would become during this period of time.
We have changed it so this duration is now 0.2 seconds, but we don't intend to remove it as it fixes a lot of other possible issues like the previously known permanent slow that could last for multiple rounds.

Changed: Restrictions
The restrictions have been changed back to the old versions of the restriction. I know this is seems like a rather vague description, like implied by Wookie (Thanks by the way). Therefore I've decided to provide an example on how to restrict a race to be able to only use knife.
Code: [Select]
es wcs_restrict event_var(userid) "glock;usp;p228;deagle;elite;fiveseven;m3;xm1014;mac10;tmp;mp5navy;ump45;p90;galil;famas;ak47;m4a1;scout;aug;sg550;awp;sg552;g3sg1;m249"
The system works so that you restrict each weapon seperately, the weapon's restricted are seperated by a semi colon. Using this specific system you will no longer experience issues with your races' restrictions messing up in one way or another.
This example is for CS:S

New command: wcs_centertell
Like mentioned by Ayuto and Kami there have been added a new command; wcs_centertell.
In CSGO wcs_centertell will provide you with the option of creating centertell messages similar to the ones you've used to see in CS:S, messages that are being displayed just a little above the center area of the player's screen.

(Note: wcs_centertell is not to be confused with es_centertell, as es_centertell writes in the hint area in CSGO, whereas the wcs_centertell writes the message around the center of the screen).
« Last Edit: January 19, 2018, 12:17:32 PM by Manifest »