July 18, 2018, 09:50:50 PM

Author Topic: [Race] Psycho Builder - Warcraft Source CSGO  (Read 559 times)

Offline 2k3

• Level 0 Beginner
[Race] Psycho Builder - Warcraft Source CSGO
« on: March 10, 2018, 01:23:18 AM »
Hello everyone! some of u might be happy! (hopefully) :D :D :D :D

I do not deserve any credit for the master behind this original race, other than i made it work for my  ZM + WCS.
That means i made it work for Warcraft Source: CSGO Eddition! yay...

Im very new to this, so hopefully u all still like it!

I kept it like the old race system so u just need to copy and paste it into:
addons/source-python/plugins/wcs/races/races.ini

Skill1 from Race: Undead Scourge
Skill2 from Race: Undead Scourge
Skill3 from Race: Human Alliance

Even tho im not sure if the skills works correct but im 100% sure that the Ultimate works! :)

Make it better, if u can! and allways remember Psycho for his great work!

Gosh i love this Race...  ;)

[Psycho Builder]
   #Requirement section
   required           = 1337
   maximum            = 0

#Restrict section
   restrictmap        = ""
   restrictteam       = 0
   restrictitem       = ""
        teamlimit          = 0

#Other info
   author             = "^[Psycho]^"
   desc               = "^[Psycho]^ is Life, ^[Psycho]^ Love.  "
   spawncmd           = "es_xdoblock wcs/tools/ultimates/default/stone"
   deathcmd           = ""
   roundstartcmd      = ""
   roundendcmd        = ""
   preloadcmd         = ""
   allowonly          = ""
   onchange           = "" 

#Skill information
   numberofskills     = 4
   numberoflevels     = 4
   skillnames         = "Speedy|Gravity|Invisibility|BUILD!"
   skilldescr         = "Makes you faster|Makes you jump higher||Makes you able to Build"
   skillcfg           = "player_spawn|player_spawn|player_spawn|player_ultimate"
   skillneeded        = "0|0|0|8"

category          = "0"

#Skill specific information
   [[skill1]]
      setting        = "es_xset wcs_speed 1.25|es_xset wcs_speed 1.5|es_xset wcs_speed 1.75|es_xset wcs_speed 2.0"
      cmd            = "es_xdoblock wcs/races/undead_scourge/unholy"
      sfx          = ""

[[skill2]]
           setting          = "es_xset wcs_gravity .90|es_xset wcs_gravity .70|es_xset wcs_gravity .50|es_xset wcs_gravity .30"
           cmd          = "es_xdoblock wcs/races/undead_scourge/levitation"
           sfx          = ""

[[skill3]]
           setting          = "es_xset wcs_invis 175|es_xset wcs_invis 150|es_xset wcs_invis 125|es_xset wcs_invis 100"
      cmd            = "es_xdoblock wcs/races/human_alliance/invisibility"
      sfx            = ""

[[skill4]]
          setting        = "es_xset wcs_delay 0|es_xset wcs_delay 0|es_xset wcs_delay 0|es_xset wcs_delay 0"
          cmd            = "if (server_var(wcs_delay) = 0) then wcs_xalias racealias_delay00"
          racealias_delay00          = "es_prop_dynamic_create server_var(wcs_userid) props/de_nuke/cinderblock_stack.mdl;es_emitsound player server_var(wcs_userid)  physics/plaster/ceiling_tile_impact_hard2.wav 1.0 0.5"
          sfx            = ""
      cooldown       = "0"

Or You can Download the race if u want
« Last Edit: March 10, 2018, 01:26:12 AM by 2k3 »

Offline WCS - Wookie

• Level 5 Trained Intermediate
  • Qualified Teacher, working in IT and loving WCS.
Re: [Race] Psycho Builder - Warcraft Source CSGO
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2018, 08:11:08 AM »
skilldescr         = "Makes you faster|Makes you jump higher||Makes you able to Build"
That line there youshould edit so it has a skill description.
Code: [Select]
skilldescr         = "Makes you faster|Makes you jump higher|Makes you harder to see|Makes you able to Build"
Otherwise not a bad copy paste race. I would look at moving the code for the ultimate into its own block under races though.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2018, 08:33:36 AM by WCS - Wookie »
If you like WCS and are from AUS/NZ drop by our server to take a look.

Offline 2k3

• Level 0 Beginner
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2018, 04:51:43 PM »
Well im still trying to learn the basics, and i really wanted this to work on my server and i did, so i am happy :D

And thanks for the tip, i appreciate it.  ;D

if u make it work by moving the ultimate u may pm me! i would love a updated version of this :D

Still Much love to Psycho!

Offline WCS - Wookie

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2018, 02:17:19 AM »
Hey,

Here is what I have altered in your coding. Copy and paste this code into your races.ini
[Psycho Builder]
   required           = 0
   maximum            = 0
   restrictmap        = ""
   restrictteam       = 0
   restrictitem       = ""
   teamlimit          = 0
   author             = "^[Psycho]^"
   desc               = "^[Psycho]^ is Life, ^[Psycho]^ Love.  "
   spawncmd           = "es_xdoblock wcs/tools/ultimates/default/stone"
   deathcmd           = ""
   roundstartcmd      = ""
   roundendcmd        = ""
   preloadcmd         = ""
   allowonly          = ""
   onchange           = "" 
   numberofskills     = 4
   numberoflevels     = 4
   skillnames         = "Speedy|Gravity|Invisibility|BUILD!"
   skillcfg           = "player_spawn|player_spawn|player_spawn|player_ultimate"
   skillneeded        = "0|0|0|8"
   category           = "0"
   [[skill1]]
      setting = "es_xset wcs_speed 1.25|es_xset wcs_speed 1.5|es_xset wcs_speed 1.75|es_xset wcs_speed 2.0"
      cmd     = "es_xdoblock wcs/races/psycho_builder/speedy"
      sfx     = ""
   [[skill2]]
      setting = "es_xset wcs_gravity .90|es_xset wcs_gravity .70|es_xset wcs_gravity .50|es_xset wcs_gravity .30"
      cmd     = "es_xdoblock wcs/races/psycho_builder/gravity"
      sfx     = ""
   [[skill3]]
      setting = "es_xset wcs_invis 175|es_xset wcs_invis 150|es_xset wcs_invis 125|es_xset wcs_invis 100"
      cmd     = "es_xdoblock wcs/races/psycho_builder/invisibility"
      sfx     = ""
   [[skill4]]
      setting  = "es_xset wcs_delay 0|es_xset wcs_delay 0|es_xset wcs_delay 0|es_xset wcs_delay 0"
      cmd      = "es_xdoblock wcs/races/psycho_builder/build"
      sfx      = ""
      cooldown = "0"

then go to source-python/plugins/es_emulator/eventscripts/wcs/races and edit es_races.txt add

es_load wcs/races/psycho_builder to it and then extract the files in the .zip to your addons folder.
Restart server and it should load and work.

*note I had some issues getting the other skills working in my css version so not sure if that is related to the race or a larger issue on my server.

Offline Manifest

• Race & effect creator
  • Level 7 Expert
  • Content creator for the new WCS version by Kami.
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2018, 02:11:36 PM »
Great work to the both of you, I like seeing that you guys are releasing some of the content onto the forums, big ups from here! :-)

I would like to point out that the race as a whole looks fine, but there are a little issue in the ultimate. In the races.ini you have the same setting for all levels and it is set to 0, so there' really no reason to have it in the first place. So change skill four into looking like this:

[[skill4]]
      setting  = ""
      cmd      = "es_xdoblock wcs/races/psycho_builder/build"
      sfx      = ""
      cooldown = "3|2|1|0"

Note: I also added a cooldown to the ultimate at higher levels, this was due to the fact that there were no banefits to having your ultimate higher than level 1. :-)

In the block for the ultimate you had the wcs_delay check, the check on it's own is not correct and should be:
if (server_var(wcs_delay) = 0) do
But since the delay was always 0 then there would be no point in using it at all, so I've completely removed it and made the block look like this:

block build
{
es_prop_dynamic_create server_var(wcs_userid) props/de_nuke/cinderblock_stack.mdl
es_emitsound player server_var(wcs_userid) physics/plaster/ceiling_tile_impact_hard2.wav 1 .5
es_getplayerlocation wcs_x1 wcs_y1 wcs_z1 server_var(wcs_userid)
es est_effect 7 #a 0 sprites/smoke.vmt server_var(wcs_x1) server_var(wcs_y1) server_var(wcs_z1) 40 1
}

The only issue with the race would have been the ultimate, so overall great job to the both of you two! :-)
And Wookie when I see you putting effort and time into helping out with this, I am really really happy that I chose to help you out way back when, thanks a lot for being an awesome guy! :-)

Keep up the great job guys!!!
"BRAVORA: Bruh it is fucking operation crystal night when you are approving races."

Offline WCS - Wookie

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2018, 12:54:59 AM »
Yeah I didn't think the wcs_delay thing was needed since it was always going to activate, but I left it in anyway (was kinda rushing through this :P) I also added the smoke effect from another existing race on my server that has a similar ultimate.

Thanks for the compliment Manifest  ;D Perhaps one day I will be able to create something that rivals even some of your creations :P

Offline Manifest

• Race & effect creator
  • Level 7 Expert
  • Content creator for the new WCS version by Kami.
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2018, 12:25:07 PM »
You were very much right in that regard, and the way it is there the check would not work as it had to check for the server variable, which it doesn't that way. Instead it should be:

If (server_var(wcs_delay) = 0) doThe current way it's made I think it might give complications with the ultimate. :-)

In terms of some day creating something that rivals my creations, I believe you will be able to if you just put the time and effort in to it, just as well as most other people on the forum.

A quite big portion of the people making their first release on the forum actually seems to deliver a better result than I did with my first race released race back then. :-)
I made this account because it got so much negative attention and the first release on this account (Azura - The Champion Slayer) was in fact my third released race. :-)

A bit off-topic but regardless, point is that if people put their mind to it and invest time and effort, then I am sure they can surpass me in terms of race creation, I am actually not a great programmer at all, I'm just good at the concept and visual design part :-)
"BRAVORA: Bruh it is fucking operation crystal night when you are approving races."