June 28, 2017, 03:59:30 PM

Author Topic: [RACE] Traveler  (Read 463 times)

Offline C h a p e z

• Level 1 Trained Beginner
  • Legion Gaming WCS <3
[RACE] Traveler
« on: January 31, 2017, 03:21:44 AM »
The traveler

I want to present my new race: Traveler.
This is my first published work, and i hope you guys will enjoy it :)!

Thanks to Manifest for the beautiful effects and the help with some of the coding!

Skill 1: Health potion
Gives you between 5-40 extra HP

Skill 2: Silver boots
You collect silver boots, that gives you the ability to jump longer

Skill 3: Vampire blood
When you shoot the enemy, you will get the damage given back as health

Skill 4: Diamond daggers
You found some diamond daggers that gives you 3-22% chance of freezing the enemy

Skill 5: Magic book of life
The magic book brings you back to life

Skill 6: Stealth cloak
Wear a stealth cloak, and get invisible

Unzip traveler.rar and put folder --> chapez --> cstrike/addons/eventscripts/wcs/tools and add --> chapez --> cstrike/addons/eventscripts/wcs/config/tools.cfg

Best regards
- C h a p e z
« Last Edit: February 09, 2017, 04:25:58 PM by C h a p e z »

Offline BR4V0R4

• I design stuff and create ideas for others
Re: [RACE] Traveler
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2017, 09:50:50 AM »
Well i can't say anything about how it plays out with rest of the races on your server (racemenu in there was something very... interesting) but if this was used in the old days of wcs i would think that this is little bit overpowered (respawn chance 70% mad thing) if it was me i would make some values bigger and just make it a knife race but that is just my POV.

but it's a nice race and i'm happy to see that people are still interest in making things. hope to see more from you in the future.  :) :)
Quote Collection

Manifest : I love Swedish Women.
Manifest: "I think CSGO will also be a more mature audience when we announce CSGO"
Manifest: "10 inches restraining order from my penis"
Too many Danes : "Fix din race Hacker"

Offline C h a p e z

• Legion Gaming WCS <3
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2017, 05:01:06 PM »
Thanks´s for response BR4V0R4, it could be a nice knife race - good idea :)

You will absolutely see more of my stuff on this forum :)

Offline Manifest

• Level 7 Expert
  • If you LIKE WC:S, then you will LOVE our server.
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2017, 03:12:55 PM »
Hello Chapez.

I noticed this race here was coded in block format, and thought I'd dig a little into it and I wanted to go through it and see what it was all about and potentially putting it into the approved section. :-)

So, first off I would like to ask, if this race is designed just for CS:S or if  you had a wider range of games in mind, when you coded this race? :-)

In order to approve the race I went through it step by step, in your block vampire:

Code: [Select]
if (server_var(wcs_game) == dod) then es_xset wcs_dmg event_var(damage)You check for whether the game is DOD hence I was asking if it was supporting multiple games, but it is the only place where you check for the game difference.

Aside from that I would probably put a health cap onto that skill, as your divider is quite low, at maximum level the players get 25% back of the damage they deal, not the damage the enemy take, meaning a shot to the head with an awp will give the attacker over 100 bonus health. So adding a health or a vampire/leech cap, might be an idea for the skill if you intend to use this value.
Aside from that there are not too much, else to edit in the actual skill.
But then when you start making the effect you are using these server variables:

server_var(wcs_x1) server_var(wcs_y1) server_var(wcs_z1)
server_var(wcs_x2) server_var(wcs_y2) server_var(wcs_z2)

But you do get the player location, so these effects are bound to spawn at random locations where these coordinates was last obtained.

On the note of effects, I think it would also be fairly reasonable to credit the author of the original effect that this was borrowed from, and judging by the textures and lines i would guess that it would be an effect by either Holliday or Teller, although I am not sure which of them that was the source of the inspiration.
Anyway, next up is the block icy dagger.

In the first part of the skill of icy dagger, you check whether the player is alive, which is good, but for the rest of the skill you do not check it, so basically this check is pointless in this given instance.
Right now the way your skill works is that it checks if the chance is happening, and if it is, then it should check if the player is alive. But the rest of the skill gets executed anyway, because you are only making the checks up there, but aren't using any brackets, therefore this code will happen all the time and not upon the chance, which I think was your intentions with the skill.

Just like the icy_dagger skill, the chances does not work for everything in the magic book skill does not work based off of chance. However the respawn does, so that is good.
I would highly recommend that you do not use es_xsetpos or setpos for that matter, as it is known to cause server crashes, you should rather use playerset location instead.
Also the line below you have wcs_give weapon_ak47, I would recommend you to change it into es wcs_give weapon_ak47
Then there is the effect, there aren't exactly something wrong with the effect per say, but if some other race uses the location values x1 y1 and z1, then there is a high risk of the delayed effect not spawning where your race died at the given time, but spawning at a complete random location, this can be fixed by using a dalias. Also the effect 7 is a smoke effect, so you might want to consider changing the texture from purpleglow1 to cbbl_smoke or something like that, just for the sake of being on the secure side :-)

I hope you will edit your race so that it is fully working, and then I will be approving and moving it to the approved section. :-)

Sincerely
- Manifest
« Last Edit: February 02, 2017, 12:08:30 AM by Manifest »
Join together in the making of the final version of WCS

For more info about the project, take a look at:
http://warcraft-source.com/board/index.php?topic=17083.msg120498;topicseen#new

Offline C h a p e z

• Legion Gaming WCS <3
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2017, 06:18:46 PM »
Thanks for the good response Manifest and for checking my race!

I removed the
if (server_var(wcs_game) == dod) then es_xset wcs_dmg event_var(damage)because it´s only ment for CS:S, so it shouldn´t check for DOD.

As you wished, i edited my race and fixed it, and it should now be ready to be approved :)

Offline Eareland

• Level 7 Expert
  • Most honest is to be without a word of a lie
    • FSSM
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2017, 03:53:26 PM »
Good that you said should.

I am not that fast at checking races, and I probably don't even notice some errors here and there, but see this:
if (server_var(wcs_tmp2) => 250) do
{
es wcs_setfx health event_var(attacker) = 250 0
es_centertell event_var(attacker) You have reached the 250 health cap!
}

I am assuming it's wrong. Change wcs_tmp2 -> wcs_tmp

That's all I noticed..

Offline C h a p e z

• Legion Gaming WCS <3
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2017, 04:26:55 PM »
Thanks Eareland, i just fixed it, and it´s updated now :)

Offline Manifest

• Level 7 Expert
  • If you LIKE WC:S, then you will LOVE our server.
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2017, 05:59:47 PM »
Good that you said should.

I am not that fast at checking races, and I probably don't even notice some errors here and there, but see this:
if (server_var(wcs_tmp2) => 250) do
{
es wcs_setfx health event_var(attacker) = 250 0
es_centertell event_var(attacker) You have reached the 250 health cap!
}

I am assuming it's wrong. Change wcs_tmp2 -> wcs_tmp

That's all I noticed..

Thanks for pointing it out Eareland, i overlooked the tmp difference, I must have overlooked it :-)
Join together in the making of the final version of WCS

For more info about the project, take a look at:
http://warcraft-source.com/board/index.php?topic=17083.msg120498;topicseen#new