February 24, 2018, 04:43:25 AM

Author Topic: Custom Commands  (Read 178 times)

Offline Kami

• Developer
  • Level 7 Expert
  • Pokemon Master!
Custom Commands
« on: February 10, 2018, 10:24:00 AM »
I thought about giving the community the opportunity to ask for certain commands or present ideas for custom commands to be made and then release an addon on GitHub containing the custom commands.

I think this should follow a certain layout though:

Code: [Select]
#Example for custom command presentation
Command name: wcs_custom_command
Command syntax: <userid> <amount> <duration>
Command purpose: Serve as an example for the custom command layout

If you like this idea feel free to give me your ideas for custom commands.

Offline WCS - Wookie

• Level 3 Trained Apprentice
  • Qualified Teacher, working in IT and loving WCS.
Re: Custom Commands
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2018, 10:09:04 PM »
Hi Kami,

I have been meaning to post in this thread but couldn't think of anything I wanted that wasn't already implemented into the core mod :P

This is almost like a feature request too but I would like it to be toggleable by wcsadmins using a command ingame
Command name: wcs_bonusxp
Command syntax: !activatebonusxp
Command purpose: To toggle on bonus experience (with the config for this experience to be in the configs folder where other experience is defined) for a customisable time period. e.g. !activatebonusxp = bonus experience activated for 180 minutes.
If you like WCS and are from AUS/NZ drop by our server to take a look.

Offline Manifest

• Race & effect creator
  • Level 7 Expert
  • Content creator for the new WCS version by Kami.
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2018, 09:43:46 AM »
Hi Kami!

Great post and certainly a good idea to allow the users to request a few additional commands to be integrated in to the modification. I shall gladly be making use of this. I have a few suggestions:

Command name: wcs_setresist
Command syntax: <userid> <value> <weapon>
Command purpose: The command allows the player to resist a certain weapon by a % of damage.

example:
es wcs_setresist event_var(userid) 0.0 weapon_hegrenade
This will make you immune to damage dealt by hegrenades. The value goes from 0.0 to 1.0.
0.0 means that you take 0% damage from the given weapon, whilst 1.0 means you take 100% damage from the specified weapon.

Command name: wcs_aura
Command syntax: <userid of aura owner> <team target> <aura radius> <time between aura ticks> <"command line or block referance">
Command purpose: Now that we have source python which is so much faster we can finally use auras! We need an aura command to make this practice easier as it will allow for a lot of cool and unique gameplay options.

Command name: wcs_absorb
Command syntax: <userid> <1/0> <0/1>
Command purpose: This command is used by the standard race "Crypt Lord" in order to reduce it's damage taken by 5-20%.

Explained:
The first variable after the userid, is to enable/disable the absorbation on the player.
The second variable is the amount of damage to absorb in percentages, 0 being 0% 0.2 being 20% and 1 being 100% damage absorbation.

Command name: wcs_noflash
Command syntax: <userid>
Command purpose: There used to be a command that prevented flashbangs and blinding effects in our previous WCS version. The way it worked was first it blocked any flashbang effects, but also upon taking damage it would change the overlay of your screen to 0, meaning you had no overlays, and could not be blinded by other versions of blinds that apply overlays.

Command name: wcs_setfx falldamage
Command syntax: <userid> <modifier = + -> <value> <duration>
Command purpose: This was previously used for 11 races on the server, however instead of having it as this standalone command i suggest we implement it into the setfx options.

Explained:
In the setfx version the value 1 will mean the user takes normal fall damage.
If the value is set to 0, the user will no longer take any falling damage.
If the value is set to more than one the user will take more fall damage, e.g. 1.5 would be 50% more fall damage than normally.

In addition to the commands above, I suggest the conversion of the wcs_toybox as I know a lot of the Russian servers used the toybox commands by Kamiqawa for a lot of their races. This will make them able to keep their old races functional for the new wcs version. :-)
"BRAVORA: Bruh it is fucking operation crystal night when you are approving races."

Offline WCS - Wookie

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2018, 01:42:36 AM »
Command name: wcs_noflash
Command purpose: There used to be a command that prevented flashbangs and blinding effects in our previous WCS version. The way it worked was first it blocked any flashbang effects, but also upon taking damage it would change the overlay of your screen to 0, meaning you had no overlays, and could not be blinded by other versions of blinds that apply overlays.

I use Naiken's RTD plugin at the moment and one of the rewards is antiflash shades. This is the code he uses for that, idk if it could be helpful going forward trying to implement it but hopefully it will be :)

event player_blind
{
es_keygetvalue wcs_tmp WCSuserdata event_var(userid) noflash
if (server_var(wcs_tmp) = 1) do
{
    es_xmath wcs_flashcounter + 1
    es_format wcs_flashid "%1%2|" server_var(wcs_flashid) event_var(userid)
    es_setplayerprop event_var(userid) CCSPlayer.m_flFlashDuration 1
    es_setplayerprop event_var(userid) CCSPlayer.m_flFlashMaxAlpha 1
}
}

Offline WCS - Wookie

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2018, 11:07:17 AM »
Command name: wcs_healingward
Command purpose: To deploy a ward that targets teammates and gives them a regeneration event while within the radius of the ward, similar to how the regeneration even works currently.

Command name: wcs_spawndead
Command syntax:
Command purpose: To actively respawn all dead teammates once per round.

Command name: wcs_aoe
Command syntax: <userid> <radius>
Command purpose: To do damage to enemies nearby the target when they receive damage. E.g. When you shoot an enemy there is a chance that you will also deal 10 splash damage to nearby enemies within a certain radius.

Command name: wcs_norecoil
Command syntax: <userid> <duration>
Command purpose: To get rid of recoil on a weapon for the duration of the ability.

Command name: wcs_static
Command purpose: To track player movement and store the value for use in dealing extra damage. E.g. player runs for 10 seconds = 20 bonus damage on next shot that hits.