June 18, 2018, 05:37:06 PM

Author Topic: [Release] Warcraft Source 0.78 for Counterstrike Source & Global Offensive  (Read 9098 times)

Offline ErikZen

• Level 1 Trained Beginner
  • Do This - Do That - Do What?
Well, it did work. for me. Every other person got the error i got in the start. I did nothing to get it to work, it just did, and i tested it in third person, and it worked.
Everyone else got error, so i removed the skin again.

Offline WCS - Wookie

• Level 5 Trained Intermediate
  • Qualified Teacher, working in IT and loving WCS.
I think this is due to players not being forced to download the skin, so when the server tells their computer to look in the cstrike/models/player/modelname folder they find nothing and return with an error.

Try using one of these plugins to force players who join your server to download the skins.
https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=602270
https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=269792

They both say they support any sourcemod game so they should work with CSGO.
If you like WCS and are from AUS/NZ drop by our server to take a look.

Offline ErikZen

We've somehow managed to get several skins working BUT, they're all kind of invisible? and when round end or we die, model is no longer invisible.
Is this caused by WCS?
This is for all skins applied.
Is there a fix for that?

BTW: Root doesnt work. It says "you've been rooted blablabla" and the effects show, but the freeze/root itself is not working.
Serpent ward is not working either.
Chameleon race is now deleted from my server, due to it not really working. Will wait for a fix.

Offline ErikZen

Can someone explain how to use push and which one to use? i can get push upwards to work, but push away, straight back, wont work.
You're only getting pushed towards Z.

BTW resetskills doesnt work properly. you can type resetskills, and then again to "continue" but it wont work, unless you're dead. Even though you type it 2 times and it says it will make you die. Doesnt work unless you're dead.
Spendskills is working oddly as well.

Offline Kami

• Developer
  • Level 7 Expert
  • Pokemon Master!
I just tested resetskills and spendskills and both work fine on my server (only the unspend points are the same as your level, which is not exactly right, but thats a minor issue). Maybe you are typing it too slowly? Try binding it to a key and quickly press the key two times.

For the push issue please refer to the Azura thread.

Offline Manifest

• Race & effect creator
  • Level 7 Expert
  • Content creator for the new WCS version by Kami.
Chameleon race is now deleted from my server, due to it not really working. Will wait for a fix.

Hi ErikZen!
I am pleased to see you're reporting in all these issues so we can get them fixed and under control! :-)

Can you please elaborate on which things that wasn't working on the Chameleon race, because that sounds a bit odd to me.

In terms of you all dying on round end, that seems rahter strange and has no correlation to the usage of "es playerset skin".

For the root not working, that must be the source python end of the ultimate so Kami would have to look at that when he have the time.

The serpent ward should in theory be working, but maybe something is missing, I looked at the command previously but I cannot see what the issue should be, unless there's an undefined variable somewhere which would be my best guess, Kami can you take a look and see if you can find anything on it?
"BRAVORA: Bruh it is fucking operation crystal night when you are approving races."

Offline Manifest

• Race & effect creator
  • Level 7 Expert
Also Erikzen you seem to encounter a lot of issues with your races not working, I take you have downloaded the races from the repository of Kamis?

Try using this link, it's the most recently updated races along with the most recent shopmenu. You should be able to drag and drop it directly into your server, but I'd suggest keeping a backup of your Races.ini so that you can add the additional races that you might have added onto your racelist already. :-)

https://github.com/ManifestManah
"BRAVORA: Bruh it is fucking operation crystal night when you are approving races."

Offline ErikZen

Hey Manifest.
Thanks for replying. It is correct i downloaded from the repository Kami linked.
I will definitely try your link, and it is correct that a lot of races has issues, but thats mostly because the races we use, use the "same" skills, or rather some does, and then when the skill is not working, its not working anywhere of course.
Chameleon's ultimate didnt work. when you spawn it tells you "this round your ultimate is teleport" (forexample), then when you press ultimate, nothing happens, and then its on cooldown. Same thing happens with fly on that race. fly and teleport in general are working tho.
Also wcs_ulti_roots is not working on any race. It tells you that you rooted "personsname" but it doesnt actually freeze/root him, it just shows effects and tells you it did, this is the same for every race with root.
I tried to add you on steam, so i could tell you what weren't working, so we could actually talk when we're both online, since that might go faster, and then we could find a solution faster.
About the skin thingy, i think you might have misunderstood me, because we dont die on round end like such, thing is that when we apply any model to the player, it works, BUT the skin is like transparent, you can see the skin is there, but you can see through it.

But nevertheless, i will try your link. :-)
- Sorry for the long answer, will try and not make a novel next time.

Offline Kami

• Developer
  • Level 7 Expert
  • Pokemon Master!
As I said before, I will Test and fix every race myself and will Update Them in my release. Some races Need fixes that rely on core changes, so I can not recommend replacing the races within my release as I can only fix those.

Offline ErikZen

Hi, just a quick question, is there somewhere i can request/get help with a skill i would love?
Skill is from CSS, where you used it as ultimate, and when pressed, you would teleport up behind an enemy?
I have no idea if this is even possible, but if it is, i'd love to see it. :)

Offline Kiwi :)

• Level 7 Expert
  • Owner from www.frostfallwcs.com
Hi, just a quick question, is there somewhere i can request/get help with a skill i would love?
Skill is from CSS, where you used it as ultimate, and when pressed, you would teleport up behind an enemy?
I have no idea if this is even possible, but if it is, i'd love to see it. :)

Code: [Select]
    [[skill#]]
        setting                = "es_xset wcs_freeze 1.5|es_xset wcs_freeze 2|es_xset wcs_freeze 2.5|es_xset wcs_freeze 3"
        cmd                    = "es_getplayerteam wcs_team server_var(wcs_userid);if (server_var(wcs_team) = 2) then wcs_randplayer wcs_player #ct,#alive;if (server_var(wcs_team) = 3) then wcs_randplayer wcs_player #t,#alive;es_exists ex userid server_var(wcs_player);if (server_var(ex) = 1) then wcs_xalias racealias_behindenemy1"
        racealias_behindenemy1 = "es_getplayername wcs_name server_var(wcs_player);es_getplayername wcs_tmp2 server_var(wcs_userid); es_tell server_var(wcs_userid) #multi #greenYou will be teleported to #default server_var(wcs_name); es_getplayerlocation wcs_x1 wcs_y1 wcs_z1 server_var(wcs_player);es_getplayerlocation wcs_x2 wcs_y2 wcs_z2 server_var(wcs_userid); es est_effect 7 #a 0 sprites/smoke.vmt server_var(wcs_x2) server_var(wcs_y2) server_var(wcs_z2) 100 10; wcs_xalias racealias_behindenemy2"
        racealias_behindenemy2 = "es_delayed 0.2 es_tell server_var(wcs_player) #multi #greenPlayer #default server_var(wcs_tmp2) #greenwill be teleported to you; es_delayed 0.3 es_setpos server_var(wcs_userid) server_var(wcs_x1) server_var(wcs_y1) server_var(wcs_z1); es_delayed 0.6 playerset viewplayer server_var(wcs_userid) server_var(wcs_player); es_delayed 0.8 es est_effect 7 #a 0 sprites/smoke.vmt server_var(wcs_x1) server_var(wcs_y1) server_var(wcs_z1) 100 10; wcs_xalias racealias_behindenemy3"
        racealias_behindenemy3 = "es wcs_setfx freeze event_var(attacker) = 1 server_var(wcs_freeze);es_math wcs_freeze + 0.1; es_delayed server_var(wcs_freeze) wcs_setfx freeze event_var(attacker) = 0"
        sfx                    = ""
        cooldown               = "40"

try this as ultimate for css :)
Check our Community Page! www.FrostfallWCS.com!

Offline WCS - Wookie

• Level 5 Trained Intermediate
  • Qualified Teacher, working in IT and loving WCS.
That is the unholy Entity ultimate I believe.
If you like WCS and are from AUS/NZ drop by our server to take a look.

Offline Manifest

• Race & effect creator
  • Level 7 Expert
First off I'd advise against using the ultimate posted by Kiwi as it contains userid errors.

In addition this ultimate is not what you ask for, this ultimate will teleport the ultimate user ONTO the location of a random enemy (so if you want a specific enemy then this is not the ultimate you seek, but you didn't define this in your request), you'll also automatically aim at this enemy you've teleported to, and on top of that you'll "in theory" freeze the person you teleported to, but since the userid is wrong you'll just be freezing a random userid, which might as well be yourself.

I would recommend putting an ultimate like this into blocks as well as it's easier to get an overview of and you'll be able to clearly see what it actually does to the targets, making these errors less likely to make it into the game and also be way easier to spot and correct :-)

Offline ErikZen

Hi again, sorry not for being more specific.
I was thinking of an old CSS knife race, which when you used ulti, would teleport to a random enemy.
Not freeze him, just teleport to him.
And ofc it is for csgo :-)
And as manifest said, blocks are preferred.

Btw manifest, if you could help with a really strange issue i am having with a single ultimate, that'd be great. feel free to contact me on steam or in private here. :)

Offline Naiken

• Level 7 Expert
  • Languages: ESS, SQF
Ok, I am not sure if this has already reported, I cannot remember if I reported it in the past or not, so after a fresh install of this wcs version, after testing thoroughly it appears that damage dealing abilities are somewhat bugged, here are my findings:

My current test has been with CSS, though I tested earlier this year and the same was true with CSGO.

Race: Orcish Horde
Critical Strike: Does not apply damage:
es wcs_dealdamage event_var(userid) event_var(attacker) server_var(wcs_dmg)

Critical Grenade: Does not apply damage:
es wcs_dealdamage event_var(userid) event_var(attacker) server_var(wcs_dmg)

Chain lightning DOES apply damage(though it's in python):
wcs_commands.damage(play.userid,32,userid,solo=1)

Now, bear in mind that this is completely vanilla (in fact I installed 10 minutes ago). Most skills work, however damage appears to not do so, now It's been a while since I've been running WCS servers, though I do not recall there being issues and/or any required steps to get extra damage to work, I recall some sourcemod anitfall damage plugins causing issues with this but I am not running any.

I am not sure if this is a userid issue, which I doubt since the variables are displayed correctly and it triggers in the typical manner. I think either there is a required additional step to make it work,  or there is an issue with the damage handler, is it using python or sourcemod? since the python damage application works, I can only assume it's the latter. Could this be added to the testing list and I hope i've just made a mistake, thanks in advance.

*EDIT*: Disregarded, functions operate as expected.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2018, 04:07:09 PM by Naiken »