October 18, 2018, 08:20:27 AM

Author Topic: Submit your bugs!  (Read 6459 times)

Offline ErikZen

• Level 1 Trained Beginner
  • Do This - Do That - Do What?
Re: Submit your bugs!
« Reply #60 on: June 03, 2018, 04:07:59 PM »
I figured it out, i just looked at the ones you've changed and pasted those in.
Do you know have i can make a certain race get a certain model?
I've downloaded some skin models and pasted them into models and materials as you're supposed to, but is it possible to set that a certain race spawns with that model?
I know you could in CSS, and i have seen it on some servers in csgo, but idk how to do it. :-)

Offline Manifest

• Race & effect creator
  • Level 7 Expert
  • Content creator for the new WCS version by Kami.
« Reply #61 on: June 03, 2018, 06:48:41 PM »
What Kami said is a good way to do it, what I personally always do is I have my races.ini and whenever I am going to make changes in it, or if I need to update my WCS version I make a copy beforehand, and call it races_backup.ini.

By doing this then when all files are being overwritten this races_backup.ini will not be overwritten as it's not listed in the  official download. This little nifty trick works with all files that don't automatically load upon initialization :-)

I figured I'd share this method as it might be of good use to you, it sure prevents a lot of mistakes, but in general it's a good practice to drag down your races.ini file to your desktop (or any other location) before making an update :-)
"BRAVORA: Bruh it is fucking operation crystal night when you are approving races."

Offline lphsqr

• Level 0 Beginner
  • 2011-2018.
    • PhutureWCS
« Reply #62 on: June 06, 2018, 12:04:34 PM »
Code: [Select]
[SP] Caught an Exception:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "../addons/source-python/packages/source-python/listeners/tick.py", line 80, in _tick
self.pop(0).execute()
File "../addons/source-python/packages/source-python/listeners/tick.py", line 161, in execute
return self.callback(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
File "../addons/source-python/packages/source-python/listeners/tick.py", line 606, in _execute
self.callback(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
File "../addons/source-python/plugins/wcs/commands.py", line 266, in _regeneration_repeat
repeat_dict[player.userid].stop

AttributeError: 'int' object has no attribute 'stop'

regeneration skill

Offline Manifest

• Race & effect creator
  • Level 7 Expert
« Reply #63 on: June 18, 2018, 10:21:39 AM »
Hi there Kami!

I found a bug with the playerinfo in the most recent version, which makes it a bit hard to test certain skills with bots.

Playerinfo
Whenever you type playerinfo, you will receive the menu, but if you choose a player e.g. myself you will see my race being Crypt Lord and the skills that I've chosen like intended, but if I go back and choose another player/bot then it will still display my race and my skill stats but under that person's name.

wcs_absorb
The absorb command does not seem to work correctly, the amount value always seem to be equal to the damage taken and not a percentage damage, an example can be seen on the crypt lord if you hop onto the server and put just one point into the spiked carapace Kami.
If you get hit regardless of level and regardless of <amount> value then you will have all your health refunded, making you unkillable :-)
« Last Edit: June 18, 2018, 11:25:54 AM by Manifest »
"BRAVORA: Bruh it is fucking operation crystal night when you are approving races."

Offline Kami

• Developer
  • Level 7 Expert
  • Pokemon Master!
« Reply #64 on: June 18, 2018, 06:20:07 PM »
Playerinfo is fixed, used the wrong userid to get the data.

For absorb I did some testing and on lower settings like 0.2 it works quite well. On 0.9 and above you end up beeing pretty much unkillable

Offline Manifest

• Race & effect creator
  • Level 7 Expert
« Reply #65 on: June 18, 2018, 08:06:37 PM »
I just ran it with 0.05-0.2 earlier and that is when I experienced the issue, I later changed the values to 5-20 to see if that was how you had made it.

I'll try and look into it again later, but I got the issue at 0.10 I think.

Offline WCS - Wookie

• Level 6 Experienced
  • Qualified Teacher, working in IT and loving WCS.
« Reply #66 on: June 25, 2018, 01:05:02 PM »
Found these bugs when installing fresh on my server today.

night elves entangle doesnt work. evasion doesnt proc.

Entangle, effect plays, text works, players don't stop moving.

Evasion, says evasion is active, tested with 60 bullets not once did I receive another message saying evasion activated nor did it appear that I was evading any bullets.
If you like WCS and are from AUS/NZ drop by our server to take a look.

Offline Kami

• Developer
  • Level 7 Expert
  • Pokemon Master!
« Reply #67 on: June 25, 2018, 04:06:51 PM »
I just tested both skills again and they seem to work fine for me.

Are you using a linux server? I'm not sure if that might cause the problems.

Offline WCS - Wookie

• Level 6 Experienced
« Reply #68 on: June 26, 2018, 01:13:32 AM »
hmmm, yes I am using a linux based server
On a separate note I managed to somehow stop my server booting, getting a pid 0 error. Gonna look more into that tonight.

Just Fyi the helm of excellence headshot immunity works and so does Human alliance's bash. Is the same code used for the freeze and damage evasion of both? If so couldn't I just do some edits to the ultimate for entangle and add the freeze event that Human has? and similarly take the shopmenu item helm of excellence's code and use that in place of evasion?

Offline Raptor3

• Level 0 Beginner
« Reply #69 on: June 29, 2018, 12:02:37 AM »
Hello,
just to introduce us and the situation : we are two French brothers that are trying to make a WCS/Zombie server on CS:S and we are pretty interesting in what you're doing here !

We had a problem during the installation of Source-Python. Indeed, there was some "_init_.py" that were empty.
To fix this issue we just create a new one and added it to their respective folders.
The other problem, which is bigger is that we can't run our server, we have an issue. So this is an extract of the "console.log" when we were trying to restart the server :

" [Source.Python] Loading...
[Source.Python] Failed to load the main module due to following exception:
Traceback (most recent call last):

File "/data/service8870/data/service_item_745969/cstrike/addons/source-python/packages/source-python/__init__.py", line 86, in load
    setup_core_settings()

File "/data/service8870/data/service_item_745969/cstrike/addons/source-python/packages/source-python/__init__.py", line 180, in setup_core_settings
    from core.settings import _core_settings

File "/data/service8870/data/service_item_745969/cstrike/addons/source-python/packages/source-python/core/__init__.py", line 29, in <module>
    from urllib.request import urlopen

File "/data/service8870/data/service_item_745969/cstrike/addons/source-python/Python3/urllib/request.py", line 86, in <module>
    import email

ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'email'
[Source.Python] Could not initialize python.
Failed to load plugin "addons/source-python"
[Source.Python] Unloading...
[Source.Python] Failed to unload the main module.
[Source.Python] Unloaded successfully.
Thu Jun 28 22:02:18 CEST 2018 - Server has stopped (status: OK)
Thu Jun 28 22:02:18 CEST 2018 - Server do not boot ? :(
Thu Jun 28 22:02:18 CEST 2018 - Waiting 60 seconds... "

I don't know if this problem have already been treated or if I'm in the good section but if it is the case, I'm sorry. ^^

PS : I'm a noob in the coding field but my brother thinks that the problem can come from the "core-settings".

Thanks ! :)

Offline WCS - Wookie

• Level 6 Experienced
« Reply #70 on: June 29, 2018, 06:27:59 AM »
Just checking, have you made sure that you have all the requirements for the mod to run on your server? I know for me i had to get the linux software package needed to run sourcepython manually added to my server before it would run.

Offline Raptor3

• Level 0 Beginner
« Reply #71 on: June 29, 2018, 09:40:36 AM »
Hello,
I took the Source-Python for CS:S direclty from this website : http://builds.sourcepython.com/job/Source.Python/lastSuccessfulBuild/

My PC is a windows10 one so I don't know if I need any software like you.

I found this : http://wiki.sourcepython.com/general/installation.html   but I already have the folder on my computer.

Thanks for the reply.

Offline WCS - Wookie

• Level 6 Experienced
« Reply #72 on: June 29, 2018, 01:57:31 PM »
Those are the server requirements, are you running the server off your pc? or are you hosting it with someone?

Offline Kami

• Developer
  • Level 7 Expert
  • Pokemon Master!
« Reply #73 on: June 29, 2018, 04:45:48 PM »
The error code tells you exactly what is wrong. You are missing a module named email.

Go to your folder source-python/Python3 and look around if there is a folder named "email" in there. If it is not there you did not install everything correctly.

Offline Raptor3

• Level 0 Beginner
« Reply #74 on: June 29, 2018, 10:30:43 PM »
I'm hosting it in Verygames.

I fixed this error, the others are probably an installation problem too.

Thanks for the replies !