December 16, 2018, 03:44:42 AM

Author Topic: - Save XP and general issues -  (Read 1524 times)

Offline Killa811

• Level 0 Beginner
  • <3 WCS :)
- Save XP and general issues -
« on: May 02, 2011, 09:38:38 PM »
Hi!
I've got some problems:
Fist of all, wcs doesn't save my xp. Well, it saves for the time I'm online and after mapchanges. But after a server restart, all levels are gone, even if the users have used "savexp". And no, it'S not possible to not restart the server. Also, after es_unload wcs and es_load wcs, the levels are safed!

In my wcs.py, there stands

Code: [Select]
xpsaver = config.cvar('wcs_cfg_savexponround', 1,  'The numbers of rounds before the xp/levels are saved (set to 0 to disable)')
Mhh what else to say...? My server is a Linux server.

Here's a traceback (I think these are other problems but I'd like them to be fixed as well):

Code: [Select]
EventScripts] Loaded wcs/tools/abilitys/trap
*** EventScripts caught an exception:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/var/gameserver/varserver/324003/orangebox/cstrike/addons/eventscripts/es.py", line 431, in loadModuleAddon
    addons.load(newaddon)
  File "/var/gameserver/varserver/324003/orangebox/cstrike/addons/eventscripts/es.py", line 229, in load
    addon.load()
  File "/var/gameserver/varserver/324003/orangebox/cstrike/addons/eventscripts/wcs/addons/cmdskillspy/cmdskillspy.py", line 16, in load
    cmdlib.registerServerCommand('wcs_mole_activate', moleActivate, 'A player becomes a mole')
  File "/var/gameserver/varserver/324003/orangebox/cstrike/addons/eventscripts/_libs/python/cmdlib.py", line 142, in registerServerCommand
    cmd_manager.registerServerCommand(*a, **kw)
  File "/var/gameserver/varserver/324003/orangebox/cstrike/addons/eventscripts/_libs/python/cmdlib.py", line 38, in registerServerCommand
    raise NameError, "'%s' is in use as a server command or variable" % name
NameError: 'wcs_mole_activate' is in use as a server command or variable
Could not open script for addons/eventscripts/wcs/addons/cmdskillspy/es_cmdskillspy.txt

If you need the different lines, I'll post them asap.

Offline Muerte

• Administrator
  • Level 7 Expert
    • Fortitude
Re: - Save XP and general issues -
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2011, 11:02:18 PM »
This could fix your missing XP issues, please let me know if it creates more side issues.
Please do monitor if you bump on any new server related issues after adding this file, and let me know if you do.
Ofc there is a backup of the old wcs.py available in the downloads section.
Anyways why you all code so late? Or early? Don't you guys sleep at all?
Sleep? What's that? Just put a wire up your arse and charge while you code during the night. Doesn't all do that, or is it just me??

Offline Killa811

• Level 0 Beginner
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2011, 11:41:44 AM »
Well, there are no other issues, but also the levels are still reseted.

Where is the userdata saved? Is it possible to change the way the data is saved?

€dit: Seems that the problems the traceback has shown are gone with your wcs.py. I try to manually create the file where userdata is saved.. maybe wcs isn't allowed to create this file (well, my whole data folder is empty xD)...
« Last Edit: May 03, 2011, 02:22:10 PM by Killa811 »

Offline Killa811

• Level 0 Beginner
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2011, 05:32:22 PM »
Mhhh ok the server host which supports "all kind of addons/plugins/etc." doesn't support addons which have to save something... :( 50€ for nothing... wahahaha

Is it possible to put the players.sqlite in an external webspace from where it is loaded and saved?

Offline Muerte

• Administrator
  • Level 7 Expert
    • Fortitude
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2011, 07:02:35 PM »
Your host sounds to be a very bad one then. Who are they again?
Anyways why you all code so late? Or early? Don't you guys sleep at all?
Sleep? What's that? Just put a wire up your arse and charge while you code during the night. Doesn't all do that, or is it just me??

Offline Killa811

• Level 0 Beginner
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2011, 02:00:32 PM »
4netplayers.de.... German high quality xD
I mean on this server you have really low pings and I've heard from different friends of mine how few times the servers aren't available. But well, why the hell can't you save on this server?!?

Well, is there a command to load from and save to an external webspace? I'd like to give it a try. I could make a gungame server, maybe a rpg or zombie server, but WCS still is the greatest mod in the world! :D

I didn't care if it would be laggy as a bad WCS server is better than no WCS server... :P

At least, I know that it wasn't my fault. Already thought that I was too stupid for WCS xD