February 17, 2020, 03:39:57 PM

Author Topic: Server crashes on start up :0  (Read 4283 times)

Offline Eareland

• Retarded retired
  • Level 7 Expert
  • Most honest is to be without a word of a lie
    • FSSM
Server crashes on start up :0
« on: September 28, 2012, 11:34:14 PM »
Okay, so, it's very very very long time since I last time started my test server. (SRCDS).
Finally I did it, but....anyone have idea what causes this problem. Sorry for the wrong section.
I have no idea what causes this, so I made this topic under this section.

Thanks for all helpful help :3

Offline Eareland

• Retarded retired
  • Level 7 Expert
    • FSSM
Re: Server crashes on start up :0
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2012, 05:14:51 PM »
Okay, so, it's very very very long time since I last time started my test server. (SRCDS).
Finally I did it, but....anyone have idea what causes this problem. Sorry for the wrong section.

happened to a friends server, due to out-dated sourcemod and/or eventscript. please reupload newest version of both

Thanks for trying to help, but I re-uploaded everything before starting this topic. I made this topic because it didn't help.

WCS updated, ES updated, SM updated, MM updated, etc.

Offline Predz

• Level 7 Expert
  • Warcraft: GO Co-Lead Programmer
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2012, 05:26:07 PM »
If you want to test stuff it is easier to use the standard, "Create-a-Server" provided by Valve. Just upload ES and SM into your actual CSS Files under Steam. Then you can "right click" on CSS in Steam Games and put the launch options as "-insecure". This will start up CSS with ES and SM enabled. Then you can just use the Console as you would normally.

Offline Eareland

• Retarded retired
  • Level 7 Expert
    • FSSM
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2012, 07:11:18 PM »
If you want to test stuff it is easier to use the standard, "Create-a-Server" provided by Valve. Just upload ES and SM into your actual CSS Files under Steam. Then you can "right click" on CSS in Steam Games and put the launch options as "-insecure". This will start up CSS with ES and SM enabled. Then you can just use the Console as you would normally.

I am too tired of changing anything now...Thanks for advice.

happened to a friends server, due to out-dated sourcemod and/or eventscript. please reupload newest version of both

Thanks for trying to help, but I re-uploaded everything before starting this topic. I made this topic because it didn't help.

WCS updated, ES updated, SM updated, MM updated, etc.

Windows :
http://www.sourcemod.net/smdrop/1.4/sourcemod-1.4.7-hg3575-windows.zip

Linux:
http://www.sourcemod.net/smdrop/1.4/sourcemod-1.4.7-hg3575-linux.tar.gz

did you get latest snapshot? ^

This probably worked. At least server didn't crashed. Thank you as much as I can thank.

Offline tats

• Level 1 Trained Beginner
  • It's Nice to be Nice
    • XSL
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2012, 01:16:30 PM »
Run this command in console.

./steam -command update -game "Counter-Strike Source" -dir .

It will update the server to very latest version. If this doesn't work then I'm lost because I've never whitnessed this problem before. Out of date es and sm has never caused me these issues before now on mine so it's definitely server related.

Offline tats

• It's Nice to be Nice
    • XSL
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2012, 12:35:33 PM »

It will update the server to very latest version. If this doesn't work then I'm lost because I've never whitnessed this problem before. Out of date es and sm has never caused me these issues before now on mine so it's definitely server related.

while he could use his hldsupdatetool, where he obviously seems to have the server from...

its not an issue about having it up-to-date, as it would just tell you to update the servers. its more an issues regarding what he gots on the server.

another thing, if it still were going on, i tihnk he would have responded already.

That command doesn't just update the server files, it also checks the server has all the correct server files. I feel your response is a little hostile which there is no need for. I offered a solution, doesn't mean all solutions work?

Whether it was still going on or not, the more information placed to help somebody out means the easier it is for others who have the same issues to fix since there is more than enough solutions. He hasn't specified he has fixed the problem so therefore we have to presume it isn't fixed thus giving more solutions which could inturn help others if needed.

Offline tats

• It's Nice to be Nice
    • XSL
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2012, 04:24:50 PM »

while he could use his hldsupdatetool, where he obviously seems to have the server from...

its not an issue about having it up-to-date, as it would just tell you to update the servers. its more an issues regarding what he gots on the server.

another thing, if it still were going on, i tihnk he would have responded already.

That command doesn't just update the server files, it also checks the server has all the correct server files. I feel your response is a little hostile which there is no need for. I offered a solution, doesn't mean all solutions work?

Whether it was still going on or not, the more information placed to help somebody out means the easier it is for others who have the same issues to fix since there is more than enough solutions. He hasn't specified he has fixed the problem so therefore we have to presume it isn't fixed thus giving more solutions which could inturn help others if needed.
yep whatever

back to topic, wait for him to respond back.

>:(

Offline Muerte

• Administrator
  • Level 7 Expert
    • Fortitude
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2012, 05:06:57 PM »
Try starting it after renaming the addons folder and see if the errors persist. If you ask me,  the error does not appear to be addon related. If the issue does persist then run the command provided by tats.

In case it does start fine after renaming the addons folder then rename it back to addons and ensure you have latest snapshots of ES, SM and MM:S
Anyways why you all code so late? Or early? Don't you guys sleep at all?
Sleep? What's that? Just put a wire up your arse and charge while you code during the night. Doesn't all do that, or is it just me??

Offline stormleader

• Level 7 Expert
  • mapper
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2012, 08:58:41 PM »
Eareland would you mind closing this topic, if everything is working..

Remilia Scarlet, who are you to say whether the topic is to be closed or not!?, Stop writing unnecessary in all topics (spawn) ... OMG
Some races created by me ON Youtube Channel - http://www.youtube.com/user/crazycioept/videos

head4

« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2012, 09:23:20 PM »
eareland can you please add me in steam you can find me with my Email head4@gmx.de thank you ^^
« Last Edit: October 02, 2012, 12:01:43 AM by head4 »

Offline Muerte

• Administrator
  • Level 7 Expert
    • Fortitude
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2012, 09:55:39 PM »
There is no need to lock this topic at all.

remilia scarlet, i assume you are having a bad day, mind venting off steam on youtube or something instead of here? thanks :)

Sleep? What's that? Just put a wire up your arse and charge while you code during the night. Doesn't all do that, or is it just me??

Offline Deathkilla

• Level 7 Expert
    • Elite-Gamers Community
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2012, 07:42:23 AM »
There is no need to lock this topic at all.

remilia scarlet, i assume you are having a bad day, mind venting off steam on youtube or something instead of here? thanks :)

NOT YOUTUBE! there are already 100000million rage videos..

anyways, Did this happen when the CSS update came out?
Visit Elite Gamers Today!
www.Elite-Gamers.org

Offline Eareland

• Retarded retired
  • Level 7 Expert
    • FSSM
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2012, 05:57:39 AM »
 ;D Ehehe Okay, so, I said that server do not crash anymore (that doesn't mean that everything works on server now) and may I didn't tell everything needed in my first post/main post, like. I tried to update SM, ES, MM, etc and I have updated server already. That probably confused people. So, when I started this topic, my server was updated already. Because my server told me, that I have to update it, so I did it (Like I always do that.)

Thank you all!

When problems appear more, I'll ask about them

Offline tats

• It's Nice to be Nice
    • XSL
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2012, 02:16:11 PM »
;D Ehehe Okay, so, I said that server do not crash anymore (that doesn't mean that everything works on server now) and may I didn't tell everything needed in my first post/main post, like. I tried to update SM, ES, MM, etc and I have updated server already. That probably confused people. So, when I started this topic, my server was updated already. Because my server told me, that I have to update it, so I did it (Like I always do that.)

Thank you all!

When problems appear more, I'll ask about them

If you can provide a better explanation on what is wrong I can help alot more. I work alot with dedicated systems so I know the ins and outs quite well along with actual game servers.

Offline Muerte

• Administrator
  • Level 7 Expert
    • Fortitude
« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2012, 04:02:07 PM »
I think he is saying the problem is solved, I also think he explains how but I'm not sure yet what was the cause from reading it. Anyhow problem solved :p