October 22, 2019, 02:40:28 PM

Author Topic: [Server] WCS 4 Life - Best Races | Hall of Fame | Fortitude & V Networks  (Read 11740 times)

Offline Manifest

• Race & effect creator
  • Level 7 Expert
  • Content creator for the new WCS version by Kami.
Re: [Server] - Fortitude - High Quality WCS
« Reply #30 on: May 27, 2015, 06:02:11 AM »
Hello everyone!

As I announced in the shoutbox earlier this week, Fortitude is going to launch their WCS server, and I'll be cooperating with their community in this matter. I will therefore shut down my own server and focus on the Fortitude WCS server instead.  :)

The server is currently open for access to anyone who may want to join and check it out, however we do plan to make an event on saturday where everyone can swing by and at saturday is where we'll visit the server and play on it ourself. I as well as the Fortitude community would be more than happy to see any of you guys swing by at saturday and check out the new server, and stay to play with us for a bit :D

The server information has of course changed a lot and has now been updated so it fits the server's current status better. Below you'll see the server information. :)

Fortitude's WCS server

Server information:
- Server name: WCS 4 Life | Many Races | !Store | FastDL - Fortitude
- IP-Address: playfort.eu
- Player slot: 24 slots
- Uptime: More than 99,99%
- Online: 24/7
- Bots: 4-10 (depends on the map)
- VAC: Secure (Contact Mani or Muerte if you want to be whitelisted and allowed access to the server)

Addons and modifications:
- Customized WCS mod
- No-waiting bot addon
- Gravity gun ultimate
- Level up effects
- Aura ultimates
- Quake sounds
- Bomb effects
- Real teleport
- Eventscripts
- Sourcemod
- Metamod
- NoBlock
- Store
- Rank
- VIP
- F2P

- And much more!

WCS Features:
- Fully customized racelist with a total of 225 races of highest quality by a variety of well known coders
- If you attack an enemy and someone else kills him then you'll be granted assisting experience
- When playing a knife race you'll recieve experience each round until your race hit level 10
- The level gap between each race is 20 and is currently ranging from level 0 to over 3000!
- All races has been either rewritten or reworked to make the races balanced
- Optimized and increased WCS' overall stability (Max 1-2 crashes daily)
- All props spawned by races can be destroyed by shooting at them
- 15 Different starter races, accessable already at level 0
- We will be releasing atleast one new race each week
- Custom leveling up effect depending on your level
- Every single race has atleast one effect
- A lot of WCS related bugs has been fixed
- Over a total of 1.100 different effects!
- Newcomers recieve 20 start levels
- Custom sounds for WCS races
- Fair experience ratio

Race- and maplist
Here's some more in-depth information regarding our list of races and maps.
- List of maps currently running on the server (05.05-2015):
[Spoiler]
aim_ag_texture2
aim_ag_texture_jungle2
aim_texture_city_advanced_go
cs_assault
cs_desperados
cs_italy
cs_meridian
cs_office
cs_parkhouse
de_apollo
de_asia
de_atlantis
de_aztec2047
de_bluecorridor
de_bulguksa
de_cn_egypte
de_coldhaze
de_deathcookin
de_desertarena
de_dreamvillage
de_dust
de_dust2
de_glacier
de_godzilla
de_eavens
de_iceberg_se
de_jordan_dawn
de_losttemple_pro
de_melodys
de_nibiru
de_nightfever
de_oldtown_beta
de_rimini
de_roma_aimstyle
de_shevat_ka
de_snow
de_snowcapped
de_supply_beta1
de_tropic_enhanced
de_wanda
de_wellness
de_winter_village
fy_ancient_egypt
fy_dustower
fy_beacon
fy_bloodarena_dawn
fy_bunker_arena
fy_buzzkill_dawn
fy_diefast_v2
fy_dragon_duell
fy_iceworld_midnight
fy_poolparty_oem
fy_simpsons_h
fy_southpark
fy_subway2013_beta
fy_super_mario
fy_terraia
fy_twotowers
fy_wideout
hoehus9_v50_dawn
wc3_speedcastle_dawn

- List of the majority of our races from our server's current racelist (15.02-2015):
[Spoiler]
Undead Scourge • Human Alliance • Orcish Horde • Night Elves • Frost demon • Darkeida the Executioner • Akiri the Traitor • Bookie jr. • Mummy • Blood Mage • Archmage Proudmoore • Shadow Hunter • Bookie • Flame Predator • Princess Moon • Terminator • Berzerker • Bloodelf Priest • Toiletty • Spy Hunter • Athena • Spiderman • Unholy Entity • Soda Exporter • Assassin • Blood Lord • Mercenary • Lich • Lord of Gravity • Bob the builder • Magician • Raiden • Rapscallion • Blue Mage • Interior Professional • Aura Master • The Risen • Mr. Electric • Methane Man • Successful Investor • Drug Pusher • Warrior • Shinigami • Laser Light Show • Z-Striker • Industrial Worker • Vortex • Ozzmosis • Vagabond • Plutonium • Dryer deliverer • Neve • Shadow Shock • Vagalion • Scorpion • House Architect • Fallen • Highelf • Jack • Diglett • Agent • Archaeologist • Hollidays Apprentice • Eye Ra • Genocide • Gmork • Office Employee • Earth Quake • Molecule • Static • Eddie Maiden • Beast • Catering Employee • Nebula • Dragonborn • Reptile • Trixies Explosive barrel • Flash Freeze • Crane Controller • Dwarf Warrior • Yellow Mage • Shadow Of The Void • Torch • Fleshling • Phantom • Ghost • Iksar Sorcerer • Dark Templar • Panorama • Dusk till Dust • Baron Granbound  • Blood Demon • Fera • Zeus • Hell Hunter • DOC • Hell Sloth • Ezreal • Le Blanc • Akali • Arcane Mage • Arcane Warrior • Devil Jin • Cadian sniper - Imperial guard • Hydra • Azura - The champion slayer • Blackout • Nevan • Grass Chopper • Hermes • Jester • Light Dragon • Silver Surfer • Avenger of Righteousness • Bane Elemental • Rylai Crestfall • Dark Terror • Anub`Seran • Obsidian Destroyer • Azwraith • Shadow Shaman • Stone Giant • Aiushtha • Lina Inverse • Jakiro • Son Goku • Frost Giant • Finger mage • Frozen Wastes Enchantress • Nightcrawler • Infectious Ghoul • Supernova • Hybrid • Chronos • Oblivion Knight • Skeleton Archer • Fury • Demonic Imp • Willowwisp • Sand Raider • Sigrun - The Valkyrie • Aether Fiend • The Plant • Forest Dweller • Ichigo • And over 100 more races!

Additional information
If you have started reading this, then thank you, it means a lot to us.

Now some of you readers may be wondering why we do not have 200, 300 or 400+ races on our server. We have simply chosen to prioritize quality over quantity. The sole reason for this is that we strive to bring our players the best possible WCS experience as possible. Therefore we have set up some strict requirements for races. If the race does not live up to these requirements, and therefore aren't considered of highest quality, then it will not be added to the server. Therefore you wont find races of poor quality on our WCS server. If you are an effect lover you'd be pleased to know that every single race has effects on the server, and even the standard races has gotten an effect "overhaul" to make it more eye-pleasing, for the effect lovers. Our future goal is to release atleast one race each week, for quite some time. I emphasize, atleast one race, meaning that we may be releasing several races each week, depending on the time that we have on our hands. Depending on what our playerbase wish for we will reduce / increase the productivity of races in the future, also depending on the time that we have on our hands.
That being said we always do our best to fix the bugs which we encounter as fast as possible to prevent it from influencing our player's experience.
We have done a lot of hotfixes, changed several things in the WCS core, and rewritten, reworked and optimized all the races on our server.
Due to all the fixes and changes we've made the server is currently 99.9% stable or even more actually. The server tends to crash maximum once or twice a day. These crashes lasts approximately between 15 seconds to 2 minutes.

Credits and thank you´s
To all of you coders who have really had a huge impact on the project as well as me as a coder and individual thank you! If you are in the spoiler list you know you are one of the reasons this project has been made possible.
[Spoiler]
- First off I would like to thank [Oddity]TeacherCreature for teaching me the basic concepts of coding back in the days and I really hope you see this, I would like to have thanked you in another way but you're not easy to get a hold of. :)

- Second person, thank you very much AvasT for opening up my eyes to the possibility of effects and teaching me how to do the most basic stuff, it really helped me to get started. :)

- Thanks to Kryptonite and Tha Pwned for providing a great fundament, for us to start working on. Especially to Tha Pwned for providing additional support for our minor and twisted crazy projects overall :p

- My gratitude also goes to Miku for helping me out getting back in the race coding game when I started coding again after a very long break and everything had changed, thanks buddy, it was much appreciated and it has been fun working with you.

- Also a special thank you goes to Kami for taking me under his wing as his apprentice and teaching me the new format and loads of other stuff, for not to mention sticking with me and putting faith in me during this project, thanks for the support bro ;)

- Revan thank you very much for joining our dev. team, you've been a great help and it's a pleasure to have you around, thank you for being so helpful and the for the great support you've provided the team with during the times.

- Thank you for joining our team Teller, even though you're new on the team, you've already proven to be a solid and very great help when it comes to being in need of resources or map creating you're always there to lend a hand and help me out, no matter how busy you are, thanks for it man ;)

- To you Jareth. Thank you for approving the server and it's content as well as offering us the opportunity to use your website to put our server banner on and help us obtain a German playerbase too. It means a lot, and I hope you will be happy with the final result of the WCS server. I am looking forward to our cooperation, and if there is anything you are not satisfied with, then let me know.

- After these huge updates that happened in may 2015 I've grouped up with the clan Fortitude and La Muerte offered me the chance to have the server hosted at Fortitude's server box. I took the offer and therefore, thank you Muerte, and everyone in the Fortitude clan as well as associates who have helped setting up the server and overall made this a possibility! I look forward to having a co-laboration with you guys and for not to mention a great time as well :)   

Thanks to all the authors of the original races which we've either rewritten or reworked. Thank you all for your creativity and your contributions to either the forum or the WCS community in general. All you people listed in here have provided useful material for our server, and for that we thank you.

[Spoiler]
Tha Pwned
Kami
DonRevan
Jareth
Teller
[Oddity]TeacherCreature
Chrishot
Novakiller
Damakex
CloudStrife
Ryziou
DoCNL
Hypa
Kryptonite [WCS team]
Fast.Food
Naiken
Stinkyfax
Kamiqawa
Polis
Holliday
Gringo
Pushock
Dallimba
Megalomaniac
Alperttii
Hazzal
Phat_Wizard
Iceefun
Espeladden
Pyromaniac

If a certain someone is having a race on our WCS server and have not been credited then I am sincerely sorry, as I may have just missed it, so please contact me if we are using some of your content and you want to be added to the credit part. Also I am very sorry if I skipped someone in the thank you section, then know this, it was not my intention. Thank you to you all who are in either of these lists and have made this goal possible to reach.

Outro
I will be using this thread to post different things such as races or whatever minor projects I may have going on in the near future. So if you are interested in having the newest of, whatever it maybe, then keep yourself updated by checking in on the thread once in a while, that is if, you want to get your hands on the newest releases which will not be accessisable anywhere else on the forum in the near future.

Note: The server is VAC secured, but if we consider you a no-threat to our server then we can allow you to join the server anyway, if you may have the interest then leave your steam name and SteamID in a PM to me

Well... I guess everything which needs to be said has been said, I hope you will all consider visiting the server atleast once to give it a chance and of course have your say on it. Feedback is more than welcome but please leave it constructive.

Hope to see you all on the most stable WCS server, VAC-banned or not ;)

Sincerely
- Manifest
"BRAVORA: Bruh it is fucking operation crystal night when you are approving races."

Offline Teller

• Level 7 Expert
  • #FIXYOURRACE
« Reply #31 on: May 27, 2015, 06:36:52 AM »
This server overall sounds like a great server with a lot of potential.
The map list looks interesting, aswell as the addons and race pack used  :)
I wish you guys the best of luck  ;D

This is the best wcs server i've ever seen.
Check it out ! http://warcraft-source.com/board/index.php?topic=16799.0

Offline Muerte

• Administrator
  • Level 7 Expert
    • Fortitude
« Reply #32 on: May 27, 2015, 12:37:26 PM »
Exactly, this server has all the awesome stuff from Manifests previous servers + new content. That and far better maps, e.g. fy_terraria!

P.s. Who's finally going to eat this Kiwi? He's ready for it.
Anyways why you all code so late? Or early? Don't you guys sleep at all?
Sleep? What's that? Just put a wire up your arse and charge while you code during the night. Doesn't all do that, or is it just me??

Offline Manifest

• Race & effect creator
  • Level 7 Expert
« Reply #33 on: May 27, 2015, 03:22:44 PM »
wow awesome :) mutch luck manifest! but for myself it listen like youre old server :/ im sorry

I don't think it sounds like my old server though, the Dawn WCS server is first off a zombie mod and WCS server, which was customized in both zombie mod and the WCS to compliment both parts, also a lot of the races was removed and changed on the zombie server so that it would be more fair and reasonable in terms of balancing. For not to mention the many mods such as bunny jumping that we did remove on the zombie server to avoid blocking issues as well as making the zombies scale too hard.
The mod itself has been updated as well and there's been changes to improve stability and performance since the zombie server as well. So nope it is actually quite a distance away from the old one, but thanks for pointing it out so that I could have the chance to sum up a few of the differences. :)

Sincerely
- Manifest
« Last Edit: May 27, 2015, 04:00:08 PM by Manifest »
"BRAVORA: Bruh it is fucking operation crystal night when you are approving races."

Offline Fahliell

• Level 0 Beginner
« Reply #34 on: May 27, 2015, 08:46:52 PM »
First of all, I started to play CS:S 8-9 years ago...

My first online experience with that game were the Mod GunGame... At that time I thought "Fu@k yeah. The most epic mod ever"

2 or 3 years later, I discovered this Mod and I  felt in love with it. Since that moment, (now 5, 6 years later) I was stuck with this Mod, played on countless Server etc.

After a break with my "online gaming career ;) " I noticed that suddenly, the whole WCS Mod was "dying", not one server was able to compete with the high fun and activity a few years ago.

After I found your previous server Mani (before this Zombie wcs :p), it brings me literally tears to my eyes to see, that the WCS isn't dying at all, but it will be the best mod of all again.

I'm curious about your new server (as I already played a few times there) how it will evolved. (I'm sure, it will be awesome af ;) )

Cheers,
iFail

Offline Muerte

• Administrator
  • Level 7 Expert
    • Fortitude
Hello guys,

In order to bring out the full potential of the Warcraft-Source server, we are joining our efforts with Vindictive Networks.
With combined forces we aim to overcome all the hardships involved in getting the server populated and properly administrated.
We shall advertise the WCS 4 Life's brand through its own steamgroup, to ensure both our communities will be equally represented.

See you on the server!

Regards,
Muerte
« Last Edit: June 06, 2015, 07:02:26 PM by Muerte »
Sleep? What's that? Just put a wire up your arse and charge while you code during the night. Doesn't all do that, or is it just me??

Offline Manifest

• Race & effect creator
  • Level 7 Expert
Heya peeps! ;)

I am very glad that this initiative has become a possibility for both the Vindicitve Networks as well as the Fortitude clan. I think this will be very baneficial and I am looking forward to see the initiative unfold and the greatness that it may bring over time.
The server is undergoing some serious changes and big updates, we hope you guys will take a liking to the new concepts that we will be implementing.

See you guys on the server ;)

Sincerely
- Manifest

Offline Fahliell

• Level 0 Beginner
I was a bit bored and had to do this... :p

Click me

Offline Manifest

• Race & effect creator
  • Level 7 Expert
I was a bit bored and had to do this... :p

Click me

Cool spray, me gusta!  8)

Heya everyone, we have now modified our racelist once again to fit the needs of our players and to make the server even more user friendly. If you want to you are all more than welcome to drop by and take a peak, and maybe join for some fun and play a few rounds ;)

Sincerely
- Manifest

Offline Muerte

• Administrator
  • Level 7 Expert
    • Fortitude
Map suggestions are always welcome!

Offline HOLLIDAY

• <Race Maker>
  • Watchdog
  • Level 7 Expert
  • of all the things ive lost i miss my mind the most
    • HOLLIDAYWCS.COM
Re: [Server] WCS 4 Life - Best Races | Hall of Fame | Fortitude & V Networks
« Reply #40 on: November 13, 2015, 06:29:09 AM »
is this server still up?

i didnt see an ip address

Offline Predz

• Level 7 Expert
  • Warcraft: GO Co-Lead Programmer
Re: [Server] WCS 4 Life - Best Races | Hall of Fame | Fortitude & V Networks
« Reply #41 on: November 13, 2015, 08:23:35 PM »
Hey Holliday,

Currently I think Muerte is having trouble with the static IP address for the dedicated server Fortitude own. So I am unsure whether the server will be up.  :(

Offline Kiwi :)

• Level 7 Expert
  • Owner from www.frostfallwcs.com
« Reply #42 on: May 18, 2018, 05:12:21 PM »
Exactly, this server has all the awesome stuff from Manifests previous servers + new content. That and far better maps, e.g. fy_terraria!

P.s. Who's finally going to eat this Kiwi? He's ready for it.

Come  ;), Come and try it! hahhahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahaha
Check our Community Page! www.FrostfallWCS.com!