November 18, 2019, 01:22:39 AM

Author Topic: [Race] Oxiya - The conqueror  (Read 5331 times)

Offline Manifest

• Race & effect creator
  • Level 7 Expert
  • Content creator for the new WCS version by Kami.
[Race] Oxiya - The conqueror
« on: January 30, 2015, 10:37:12 AM »
Hello everybody! :)

I have decided to post a race which will be in progress for the moment, and I will then update the topic as progress is made regarding the race. :)

The goal for me is to create a race which is more teamplay based and grants certain banefits to it's teammates still focusing on the teamplay aspect. The reason why I decided to make a teamplay based race is because I think nowadays there are very few races containing a teamplay aspect, also you see less teamwork inside the WCS scene of the game, which I of course hope this race may help change. ;)

Race name: Oxiya - The conqueror

Skill 1: Motivational warcry 
Upon killing an enemy you and all allies within 125-300 range will receive 5-35 health

Skill 2: We came prepared!
You and your comrades receive 5-40 additional armor, also have 10-75% chance to give the entire team an ak47 or a m4a1

Skill 3: Bond of brothers
When being attacked you have 2-10% chance to teleport to a random teammate

Skill 4: Victory in focus
10-100% Chance to provide your entire team with either a defuse kit or a c4

Skill 5: Death sentence
You request backup, causing all nearby allies within 125-300 yards range to focus on the same point you look at

Looking forward to hearing all creative inputs as well as constructive criticism, both regarding race, as well as the idea of topic.

I would appreciate it very much if the people who decide to download and/or use this race would leave some feedback here on the topic, whether it is negative, positive or constructive is to me quite irrelevant. I use the feedback to improve myself and adapt my races to you guys' liking, therefore the more feedback I get, the more encouraged and motivated I am to make yet another race, as I know what your desires are.
If you have any wishes for a type of race such as, knife, scout, beefy, squishy, pistol only, then do feel free to leave it on the post, and I will take it up for consideration for future race designs.

Also feel free to comment on the progressive race creation which was used to create this race. Is it good, or bad?

Sincerely
- Manifest
« Last Edit: September 28, 2017, 01:47:22 PM by Manifest »
"BRAVORA: Bruh it is fucking operation crystal night when you are approving races."

Offline Teller

• Level 7 Expert
  • #FIXYOURRACE
Re: [Race] Victoria - The conqueror (In progress)
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2015, 11:07:10 AM »
This sounds so amazing !  :D
Even tho I can imagine some people get piss over the ultimate xD

This is the best wcs server i've ever seen.
Check it out ! http://warcraft-source.com/board/index.php?topic=16799.0

Offline Manifest

• Race & effect creator
  • Level 7 Expert
Re: [Race] Victoria - The conqueror (In progress)
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2015, 11:26:17 AM »
This sounds so amazing !  :D
Even tho I can imagine some people get piss over the ultimate xD

Agreed, some people may be frustrated over the ultimate which is why I have set the cooldown to be 20 seconds at max level, so it wont be spammable, also the range isn't too big, so it can be avoided by not walking together with this player. But unless the skill is used for trolling purposes I think this will be a pretty good skill in general, and not be too annoying, as it may help newcomers as well as low level races grant experience faster :)

Sincerely
- Manifest
"BRAVORA: Bruh it is fucking operation crystal night when you are approving races."

Offline WCSpiggy

• Level 2 Apprentice
  • Saveing the world is just my day job.
Re: [Race] Oxiya - The conqueror (In progress)
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2015, 11:31:45 AM »
this is my personal opinion, but your ultimate dosent sound as useful to me. A. it may turn them away from whoever they were about to shoot. B. most of the time it might just end  up makeing them face a wall. maybe im just being cynical. if it were me i would of made it teleport all allies either to you or to where your pointing(troll alert). just my opinion dont meant to be hurtful in anyway. :) rest looks great manifest keep up the good work

Offline WCS - Wookie

• Level 6 Experienced
  • Qualified Teacher, working in IT and loving WCS.
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2015, 11:36:16 AM »
I very much enjoyed reading this post Manifest. Also the 3rd skill is something I have never seen before but I think I might be able to come up with my own version of this to test in my server at some point.

For the ultimate ability, I was wondering if perhaps you could make it so that if you are one of the teammates within the range of the ultimate when it is activated, that you only get forced to look that way if there is a direct line of sight between you and the place the person who pressed the ultimate is looking at.

For example if I press the ultimate and my friend is close enough to me to be effected by the ultimate but he is behind a wall or cannot see the target I am looking at when I press my ultimate, can they avoid being forced to look that way?

Alternatively could you teleport/pull all your teammates within range to your current position when you press your ultimate, this way creating a firing squad? Edit: While I was typing this Piggy also commented about teleport your allies to you when you press it, I second this and perhaps teleport your allies next to you in a line like a firing squad?

Just some thoughts, as always I eagerly await your responses.
If you like WCS and are from AUS/NZ drop by our server to take a look.

Offline Manifest

• Race & effect creator
  • Level 7 Expert
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2015, 11:37:41 AM »
this is my personal opinion, but your ultimate dosent sound as useful to me. A. it may turn them away from whoever they were about to shoot. B. most of the time it might just end  up makeing them face a wall. maybe im just being cynical. if it were me i would of made it teleport all allies either to you or to where your pointing(troll alert). just my opinion dont meant to be hurtful in anyway. :) rest looks great manifest keep up the good work

I agree in some situations it will cause these kind of problems, but I also intended to make this race a "hard to master" like high risk high reward race. It may be used for trolling, but hopefully it wont, the teleport idea, I don't mean to be a dick here, but if you teleport all your teammates and lets assume it has atleast 30 seconds cooldown, you may end up ruining even more as you teleport them to your location, where you are maybe being shot at (countering skill 3 - Bond of brothers), then it will cause you as well as your allies to die in most cases, for not to mention all the times you may ruin objectives xD
But I hear you, this may be used for trolling, but if the individual is rational then it probably wont :)

I very much enjoyed reading this post Manifest. Also the 3rd skill is something I have never seen before but I think I might be able to come up with my own version of this to test in my server at some point.

For the ultimate ability, I was wondering if perhaps you could make it so that if you are one of the teammates within the range of the ultimate when it is activated, that you only get forced to look that way if there is a direct line of sight between you and the place the person who pressed the ultimate is looking at.

I am glad you liked the skill 3, feel free to play around with the concept (not that you needed my permisson anyway) xD
But if you want to play around with it, then you can save yourself some time till I've released the race and you can just copy it from the race itself, and then play around with it :)

That would require the wallcheck which sadly is no longer working (atleast of what I am aware of) therefore it wont be a possibility, elsewise that would be my choice as well. If it is too troublesome the ultimate range can always be reduced, thay way it will effect less people, in most cases. :)

Sincerely
- Manifest
« Last Edit: January 30, 2015, 11:42:03 AM by Manifest »

Offline WCSpiggy

• Level 2 Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2015, 11:38:40 AM »

Alternatively could you teleport/pull all your teammates within range to your current position when you press your ultimate, this way creating a firing squad? Edit: While I was typing this Piggy also commented about teleport your allies to you when you press it, I second this and perhaps teleport your allies next to you in a line like a firing squad?

Just some thoughts, as always I eagerly await your responses.

I also suggest onto this where they are only there for say 3 seconds then they return to there original location (like ozmosis)

Offline WCSpiggy

• Level 2 Apprentice
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2015, 11:39:17 AM »
Maybe just two teammates then? also is this a reference to onxyia  http://www.wowwiki.com/Onyxia

Offline WCS - Wookie

• Level 6 Experienced
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2015, 11:44:48 AM »
I think it could be a cool idea to maybe use the backup idea like you had in Azura where you spawn bots in to back you up and then direct their fire at the target, maybe this could be a possible work around for preventing potential trolls.

Offline WCSpiggy

• Level 2 Apprentice
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2015, 11:46:54 AM »
I think it could be a cool idea to maybe use the backup idea like you had in Azura where you spawn bots in to back you up and then direct their fire at the target, maybe this could be a possible work around for preventing potential trolls.

fuck it call the race wonder woman and call in the amazons xD. jk

Offline Manifest

• Race & effect creator
  • Level 7 Expert
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2015, 11:52:15 AM »
Maybe just two teammates then? also is this a reference to onxyia  http://www.wowwiki.com/Onyxia

Hehe, no but could as well have been.
Truth be told I was actually creating the race here on the forum before even editing the files for the race itself, so it is being designed here and then I move it to my desk and work on the details :)

But honestly, I called the race Victoria to begin with, but then I made the skill "Bond of brothers" and then I needed to edit it to a name which would be more suiting due to gender related reasons. So I just came up with Oxiya out of nowhere I found Oxiya to have a ring to it when combined with the conqueror title :)

Yes, you are right about this, although not all servers are very fund of bots, also I have made something similar to this skill before in Azura, and I would therefore prefer to make something original, however you shall feel free to change the ultimate in the race upon the release, if you need any help doing so I gladly give you a hand :)

Sincerely
- Manifest

Offline WCS - Wookie

• Level 6 Experienced
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2015, 11:59:47 AM »
What if you reduced the radius of the ultimates area but got the locations say 3 feet to the left and right of the player using the ultimate and teleported any teammates within range of the ultimate affect and then force them to look at where you are pointed.

Just a thought and as I'm not the one having to code this I can make ridiculous requests all I like :)

Offline Manifest

• Race & effect creator
  • Level 7 Expert
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2015, 12:07:55 PM »
What if you reduced the radius of the ultimates area but got the locations say 3 feet to the left and right of the player using the ultimate and teleported any teammates within range of the ultimate affect and then force them to look at where you are pointed.

Just a thought and as I'm not the one having to code this I can make ridiculous requests all I like :)

Haha, yeah that is true :P
Yes you could do that, but that would still be very easy to troll with as you could get your allies killed easily, the aim feature itself is quite harmless without the teleport :)

Sincerely
- Manifest

Offline xines

• Level 7 Expert
  • Wcs FTW <33 - - - - - - - but still doing ur mom!
    • Dark WCS
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2015, 01:52:54 PM »
Nicely done race, gonna have to say really cool ideas really creative thinking you did on this :)
only cons that i could find as teller mentioned is, maybe ultimate gonna piss off some people.
Xines Making people laugh on WCS!

Offline Manifest

• Race & effect creator
  • Level 7 Expert
« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2015, 02:04:15 PM »
Nicely done race, gonna have to say really cool ideas really creative thinking you did on this :)
only cons that i could find as teller mentioned is, maybe ultimate gonna piss off some people.

Yes I also figured that much on my own, however I consider it worth it assuming the ultimate is used correctly and now abused it will be a gamechanger and a pretty fun way to work together especially if multiple people are using the race and group up (actually playing as a team as intended in the first place), then it will allow people to attack from 360 degrees at all times, as each individual can force others crosshair to the location the one who spots other look at :)
But yes it can be abused, but for now let's just hope it wont x)