September 18, 2019, 12:08:05 PM

Author Topic: Warcraft Source 0.78 for Counterstrike Source & Global Offensive  (Read 31595 times)

Offline WCS - Wookie

• Level 6 Experienced
  • Qualified Teacher, working in IT and loving WCS.
Re: [Release] Warcraft Source 0.78 for Counterstrike Source & Global Offensive
« Reply #45 on: January 19, 2018, 08:46:26 AM »
Good to know about these fixes. I see that Kami said that the restrict has been changed to act like the old one? Are we talking the legacy restrictions or the 0.76/77 version of restrictions? Would appreciate an example of the current restriction code so I can compare with what I am currently using.
If you like WCS and are from AUS/NZ drop by our server to take a look.

Offline Manifest

• Race & effect creator
  • Level 7 Expert
  • Content creator for the new WCS version by Kami.
« Reply #46 on: January 19, 2018, 12:24:15 PM »
I see that Kami said that the restrict has been changed to act like the old one? Are we talking the legacy restrictions or the 0.76/77 version of restrictions?

Very good question Wookie, I forgot to go into detail on this matter and the round end changes, I have now updated that, thanks for pointing it out. :-)
I will also post them below in order to make sure as many people as possible get to see these changes and become  aware of them.

Fix: RoundEnd
Previously in this version upon the round ending people would lose their different mobility related bonus affixes such as speed, longjump and gravity. They would lose these just after the bomb exploded or the timer ran out, leaving them with 4-7 seconds gameplay where most mobility based races would become during this period of time.
We have changed it so this duration is now 0.2 seconds, but we don't intend to remove it as it fixes a lot of other possible issues like the previously known permanent slow that could last for multiple rounds.

Changed: Restrictions
The restrictions have been changed back to the old versions of the restriction. I know this is seems like a rather vague description, like implied by Wookie (Thanks by the way). Therefore I've decided to provide an example on how to restrict a race to be able to only use knife.
Code: [Select]
es wcs_restrict event_var(userid) "glock;usp;p228;deagle;elite;fiveseven;m3;xm1014;mac10;tmp;mp5navy;ump45;p90;galil;famas;ak47;m4a1;scout;aug;sg550;awp;sg552;g3sg1;m249"
The system works so that you restrict each weapon seperately, the weapon's restricted are seperated by a semi colon. Using this specific system you will no longer experience issues with your races' restrictions messing up in one way or another.
This example is for CS:S

While we're on the topic of restrictions.
I will be posting a race which shows how to correctly set up your restrictions in order to make your race knife only on both CS:S and CS:GO, rendering it usable in each game, and makes sure you don't have to compromise your work to only one game.
"BRAVORA: Bruh it is fucking operation crystal night when you are approving races."

Offline phixious

• Level 1 Trained Beginner
  • <3 WCS :)
« Reply #47 on: January 19, 2018, 07:37:54 PM »
I am seeing an error in my console but I only seem to see it at startup.

[SP] Caught an Exception:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "../addons/source-python/plugins/wcs/wcs.py", line 1336, in level_init_listener
autoassing.set_int(0)
NameError: name 'autoassing' is not defined

I just updated to the newest build of SP and the newest builds from github for the es emulator and wcs

Offline Kami

• Developer
  • Level 7 Expert
  • Pokemon Master!
« Reply #48 on: January 19, 2018, 08:27:35 PM »
Thank you, i will fix it :)

Edit: Fixed it
« Last Edit: January 19, 2018, 09:44:40 PM by Kami »

Offline Manifest

• Race & effect creator
  • Level 7 Expert
« Reply #49 on: January 19, 2018, 11:53:04 PM »
The version have been updated!
We recommend all users to use this new version as it fixes multiple errors and issues, more information can be found below.

Fix: Changerace RaceName
After the new update changerace now also allows you to search for the specific races you're looking for. Unlike in the previous versions the search function is no longer case-sensitive, so it is now way more user friendly and easy to use. To try it out simply type changerace followed by a race's name in your chat and it will show every race that contain the text written after changerace. E.g. typing "Changerace hunt" while only having the default races installed will show.
- Shadow Hunter
- Succubus Hunter

Moved: Ultimates folder
Moved the ultimates folder so it would fit with the origignal races ultimate paths from the previous versions of WCS and also renamed the file from ultimates.py to default2.py.

Moved: Playerinfo & invisibility
The playerinfo didn't account for player's invisibility, but now this too can be seen by typing playerinfo, just like in the mod's predecessors.

New command: wcs_changerace
A new command has been added, wcs_changerace. This command allows you to change a player's race. There are two ways to use the command, it can be used with quotations around the race name, or without. It supports both. However it is case sensitive.
Example this would change the player's race to the first race in the standard list, undead scourge.
es wcs_changerace event_var(userid) "Undead Scourge"
This example also works, but would change the player's race to Chameleon, the last race in the standard races.
es wcs_changerace event_var(userid) Chameleon
"BRAVORA: Bruh it is fucking operation crystal night when you are approving races."

Offline WCS - Wookie

• Level 6 Experienced
« Reply #50 on: January 20, 2018, 12:21:21 AM »
Not gonna lie that wcs_changerace command has me feeling all sorts of good feelings ;)

Also that restrict version is the one I am currently using so yay! I won't have to mass update all my restriction blocks :) ;D ;D

Offline Manifest

• Race & effect creator
  • Level 7 Expert
« Reply #51 on: January 20, 2018, 12:57:34 AM »
Not gonna lie that wcs_changerace command has me feeling all sorts of good feelings ;)
I am very glad to hear that, then this will probably also please you.

Removed: es_effect.txt
Due to the races all being coded into their own blocks along with their own respective effects the standard races no longer make use of the es_effect.txt, hence the entire addons/effect folder have been removed.

Removed: Give Cash command from WCSadmin
We have come to the decision that since you can give out levels and experience through the WCSadmin menu there really were no need for this functionality. If people dislike this then please send the hate in my direction though. However I think we did make up for it...

Added: Changerace to WCSadmin
As mentioned above, I think we made up for it, because instead of the give cash WCS admins now have the opportunity to use the newly integrated feature "Change race". The feature allows the admin to click change race, and then choose a player in the player list followed by choosing a race from the changerace list (Also supports the race category system).

New command: wcs timed_damage
This command deals damage over time to it's victim, you can set the interval to your liking, the damage is the damage dealt for each tick, the interval defines the time between the damage dealt and the next incoming damage tick, the duration is how long the damage over time will last for in total.
An example on how to use this can be found in the standard race "Warden".

Race Update: Flame Predator
Flame Predator has now also received an update to it's restrictions.
Everyone who have had the Flame Predator race running on a CSGO server might have experienced that there were no restrictions to the race, but they have no been implemented and the issues with it have been fixed. The race can no longer carry the following weapons: m4a1 and awp.

New command: wcs_getrandomrace
This command is a necessity if you intend to run with our new addon for making bots playing randomized races on your server. The command fetches all the available races for this one user, and stores it in a variable. Including available private races aswell.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2018, 03:29:51 AM by Manifest »

Offline WCS - Wookie

• Level 6 Experienced
« Reply #52 on: January 20, 2018, 06:20:45 AM »
New command: wcs timed_damage
This command deals damage over time to it's victim, you can set the interval to your liking, the damage is the damage dealt for each tick, the interval defines the time between the damage dealt and the next incoming damage tick, the duration is how long the damage over time will last for in total.
An example on how to use this can be found in the standard race "Warden".

Ooo I've been trying to think of a proper way to do this in css for ages since I am using Naiken's RTD plugin and I created a "poison roll" where I just repeated the player set health -3 repeatedly for 10 instances with a 3 second delay. (ugly coding i know but it worked). I will have to think of some uses for this new ability for some races.

Offline Manifest

• Race & effect creator
  • Level 7 Expert
« Reply #53 on: January 21, 2018, 02:09:26 AM »
The version have been updated!
We recommend all users to use this new version as it fixes multiple errors and issues, more information can be found below.

Added: wcsbuyitem
We have implemented the old wcsbuyitem command, which allowed you to instantly buy an item, but we've made some slight changes to prevent the previous inconveniences associated with this command.
In order to buy an item instantly you simply type wcsbuyitem followed by the item name, e.g.

wcsbuyitem claws of attack

This will give you the shopitem: claws of attack.
You can also choose to type just one word after the wcsbuyitem e.g. Claws, this will buy the item named something with claws, but if there are multiple items with the claws name it will create a popup menu with the different items with this similar name.

Race updates
More or less every single race in the list have received an edit of a sort, whether it be a minor alteration, or a fix.
We wont be mentioning all the updates here, as some of them are very slight, but some mentionable ones would be.

Changed the ultimate paths for Orcish Horde and Night Elves, so they can now cast their ultimates.
Chameleon have received a lot of love, as there was a mistake in the checks, causing four out of his total of five skills to not work as intended.
Crypt lord shared a one of Chameleon's check errors which have also been fixed.

Fix: Ultimates
The ultimates the have received an overhaul.

The chain lightning ultimate of Orcish Horde have now gotten it's visual effects implemented and we've also added a sound for it too.
The entangling roots ultimate for Night Elves have gotten it's visual effects implemented and we have also added a custom sound for this ultimate.
The teleportation ultimate have received a new custom sound.

Fix: Private race bug
Whenever a serverhost reorganize his racelist there's a risk that one of the players will end up on a private race that they do not have access to. This is no longer possible, if this happens then upon the player connecting to the server his race will be changed from a private race he does not have access to, to a race that he has access to.

Command changed: wcs_pushto
The command wcs_pushto now supports one additional arg, which is force of push.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2018, 02:33:33 AM by Manifest »

Offline WCS - Wookie

• Level 6 Experienced
« Reply #54 on: January 21, 2018, 05:53:20 AM »
Grrr, Really want to install this on my new server today to test but having to wait on server technicians to fix permissions as I can't install any .so files ><

Offline Romero

• Level 0 Beginner
  • Hi there! You're look nice :3
« Reply #55 on: January 21, 2018, 11:57:31 AM »
One question...
Is the strings.ini file now working? Or will it be supported in the next updates?:)

Offline Kami

• Developer
  • Level 7 Expert
  • Pokemon Master!
« Reply #56 on: January 21, 2018, 12:07:42 PM »
It should be working with wcs_xtell. There are many messages that are not inside the strings.ini though.

Offline coty9090

« Reply #57 on: January 23, 2018, 02:22:46 AM »
Oh my goodness! So excited to test this out on my VDS now for CS:S!

Offline Manifest

• Race & effect creator
  • Level 7 Expert
« Reply #58 on: January 23, 2018, 05:26:52 PM »
I'm glad to hear that Coty9000 :)

- And welcome back from your long break. :-)
We will gradually be releasing content for this new version of WCS, and the WCS itself is still in development, but it is safe to say that the new version is going to be superior to it's predecessors on many aspects. So I hope it'll live up to your expectations. :-)

When you install the modification and if you happen to run into some bugs, then please let us know by reporting it here on the forum, that way we can continue to improve on the modification and together achieve the best possible result. :-)

Offline coty9090

« Reply #59 on: January 24, 2018, 04:59:03 AM »
Is there a way to save stats by time rather than round?