September 18, 2019, 12:11:18 PM

Author Topic: Warcraft Source 0.78 for Counterstrike Source & Global Offensive  (Read 31626 times)

Offline Manifest

• Race & effect creator
  • Level 7 Expert
  • Content creator for the new WCS version by Kami.
Re: [Release] Warcraft Source 0.78 for Counterstrike Source & Global Offensive
« Reply #60 on: January 24, 2018, 12:46:57 PM »
Is there a way to save stats by time rather than round?

I am not entirely sure that I understand your question, by stats do you mean the experience gained by players? Or what do you mean exactly, would you care to elaborate, so that we can see if we can meet your request? :-)
"BRAVORA: Bruh it is fucking operation crystal night when you are approving races."

Offline Kami

• Developer
  • Level 7 Expert
  • Pokemon Master!
« Reply #61 on: January 24, 2018, 01:26:54 PM »
I will add time Based saving! (He means xp i think. There are Game modes that do Not have round Changes that often.)

Offline Etox

• Level 4 Intermediate
  • Do You Even Block!?
    • Lucky.Gaming
« Reply #62 on: January 24, 2018, 05:49:40 PM »
Was wondering if mysql would be supported, all I can see through the wcs folder are sqlite. So was just wondering if you were planning to have it or whatsup with that :)

I am refering to things like levelbank, levels etc, so its easy to access through another computer when you're not at home
« Last Edit: January 24, 2018, 06:00:01 PM by Etox »

Offline Kami

• Developer
  • Level 7 Expert
  • Pokemon Master!
« Reply #63 on: January 24, 2018, 06:39:17 PM »
That is not something I am experienced with, so I'm not sure what to tell you :( No plans yet to add that, but if I get the chance I might read into it.

Offline Ayuto

• Level 2 Apprentice
    • Source.Python
« Reply #64 on: January 24, 2018, 07:24:19 PM »
That is not something I am experienced with, so I'm not sure what to tell you :( No plans yet to add that, but if I get the chance I might read into it.
If you plan to add other database systems I highly recommend using SQL Alchemy instead of using them directly (it's an included site-package in SP). With SQL Alchemy you don't work directly with SQL statements or specific modules like sqlite3 or pymysql, but with simple Python objects instead. All the SQL statements are created behind the scenes. That way your plugin immediately supports multiple database systems, although you haven't written a single line of code that is specific to a single database system.

Here is a list of database systems that will be supported if you use SQL Alchemy:
https://docs.sqlalchemy.org/en/latest/dialects/

Offline coty9090

• Level 1 Trained Beginner
« Reply #65 on: January 25, 2018, 02:52:38 AM »
Is there a way to save stats by time rather than round?

I am not entirely sure that I understand your question, by stats do you mean the experience gained by players? Or what do you mean exactly, would you care to elaborate, so that we can see if we can meet your request? :-)

I will add time Based saving! (He means xp i think. There are Game modes that do Not have round Changes that often.)

I do mean experience, skill levels, race, etc. Thanks!

Offline joshtrav

• Level 3 Trained Apprentice
  • www.CEGamer.com
    • Carbon Era Gamer
« Reply #66 on: January 25, 2018, 02:59:03 AM »
If you plan to add other database systems I highly recommend using SQL Alchemy instead of using them directly (it's an included site-package in SP). With SQL Alchemy you don't work directly with SQL statements or specific modules like sqlite3 or pymysql, but with simple Python objects instead. All the SQL statements are created behind the scenes. That way your plugin immediately supports multiple database systems, although you haven't written a single line of code that is specific to a single database system.

Here is a list of database systems that will be supported if you use SQL Alchemy:
https://docs.sqlalchemy.org/en/latest/dialects/

We ended up using pymysql and found it to be the best performance/usage choice out of 3 candidates.

Offline WCS - Wookie

• Level 6 Experienced
  • Qualified Teacher, working in IT and loving WCS.
« Reply #67 on: January 25, 2018, 07:24:27 AM »
Hey, I haven't looked into this yet to confirm, but I was wondering if there is functionality for changing the ingame chat triggers for the different menus?

E.g. people can say cr instead of/as well as changerace.

Also would this functionality be customisable by us server owners?
If you like WCS and are from AUS/NZ drop by our server to take a look.

Offline Kami

• Developer
  • Level 7 Expert
  • Pokemon Master!
« Reply #68 on: January 25, 2018, 11:52:36 AM »
Will Look into it wookie :)

Offline WCS - Wookie

• Level 6 Experienced
« Reply #69 on: January 26, 2018, 01:09:27 PM »
Hey. I installed the files onto my CSS linux server but it doesn't load SP.

I get this error
Code: [Select]
[Source.Python] Failed to load the main module due to following exception:
Traceback (most recent call last):

File "/home/tcagame/wookie/4/cstrike/addons/source-python/packages/source-python/__init__.py", line 86, in load
    setup_core_settings()

File "/home/tcagame/wookie/4/cstrike/addons/source-python/packages/source-python/__init__.py", line 181, in setup_core_settings
    from core.settings import _core_settings

File "/home/tcagame/wookie/4/cstrike/addons/source-python/packages/source-python/core/__init__.py", line 29, in <module>
    from urllib.request import urlopen

File "/home/tcagame/wookie/4/cstrike/addons/source-python/Python3/urllib/request.py", line 84, in <module>
    import base64

File "/home/tcagame/wookie/4/cstrike/addons/source-python/Python3/base64.py", line 11, in <module>
    import binascii

Any thoughts as to what is worng/what I can do to fix?

Offline phixious

• <3 WCS :)
« Reply #70 on: January 26, 2018, 02:56:10 PM »
Wookie, that is going to be a question better asked over on SP's forums since it is purely an issue with SP failing to load.

You may just want to check to make sure you have the latest CSS build first - here.

Offline Kami

• Developer
  • Level 7 Expert
  • Pokemon Master!
« Reply #71 on: January 27, 2018, 01:07:09 AM »
Update:

• Added extensive config system
  • Added time based saving
  • Added customizable saycommands
  • Updated races and relocated races block files
  • Added skill event 'player_assister'

This is a very extensive update so I recommend you redownload the whole mod and reinstall it. Everything you have made so far will of course still be compatible with this.

This is just a quick notice for you, soon there will be a more explainatory post. Thank you
« Last Edit: January 27, 2018, 01:10:55 AM by Kami »

Offline Manifest

• Race & effect creator
  • Level 7 Expert
  • Content creator for the new WCS version by Kami.
« Reply #72 on: January 27, 2018, 01:09:47 AM »
The version have been updated!
We recommend all users to use this new version as it fixes multiple errors and issues, more information can be found below.

Added: event player_assister
This event is triggered whenever someone assists on killing a target but are not awarded with the kill. The person who assisted in the killing will be having the userid event_var(assister). This will allow for new types of skills to be developed and we might be seeing potentially new support oriented races.

Race updates
We have moved all races from eventscripts/races to now have the new location inside of the wcs folder: eventscripts/wcs/races. Therefore we have also changed all the races, and there have been a few additional minor changes as well. We will therefore encourage you to update to the newest version.

Added: Custom command registration
As requested by Wookie we have allowed the users to define a list of commands that will be registered for the wcs commands. For example you can have the changerace menu popup using changerace and !cr if you so desire.
The configuraitons for the custom registrations can be found in: cfg/source-python/wcs/wcs_commands.cfg.

Added: Experience saving
It is now possible for hosts to have their player's experience data saved every X second, rather than upon round end. This feature is ideal for servers running deathmatch or other plugins that prolongs rounds or entirely eliminates the ending of rounds.

Added: Experience configurations
After making a survey, collecting suggestions and generel inputs we have created an experience configuration file which should allow for a more extensive and in-depth custom level system.
The file can also be found at cfg/source-python/wcs/wcs_xp.cfg.

"BRAVORA: Bruh it is fucking operation crystal night when you are approving races."

Offline WCS - Wookie

• Level 6 Experienced
« Reply #73 on: January 27, 2018, 06:50:48 AM »
Thanks for the tip Phixious, I have checked that I am using the latest build, but I will make a post over on there forums.

Really excited for these changes, good thing I haven't started doing the majority of my changes to the racefile yet manifest as that would have been an extra step to repath all the folders to the new wcs/races :)

Cheers for implementing the !cr and changerace functionality Kami, I am sure this will be a very popular addition to the mod (at least from server owners perspectives).

Offline coty9090

« Reply #74 on: January 27, 2018, 03:13:47 PM »
Awesome thanks! How do i switch to time based saving? I don't see it anywhere yet.