September 18, 2019, 12:10:37 PM

Author Topic: Warcraft Source 0.78 for Counterstrike Source & Global Offensive  (Read 31620 times)

Offline WCS - Wookie

• Level 6 Experienced
  • Qualified Teacher, working in IT and loving WCS.
Re: [Release] Warcraft Source 0.78 for Counterstrike Source & Global Offensive
« Reply #120 on: February 03, 2018, 02:37:26 PM »
So... My hosts aren't being very successful in installing the libs folders necessary for source python to work.

I am really leaning towards just continuing to patch and work with the modified .78 version of wcs I am currently using and move that over to my new hosts.

Feelsbadman  :-\ :'( :-[
If you like WCS and are from AUS/NZ drop by our server to take a look.

Offline Muerte

• Administrator
  • Level 7 Expert
    • Fortitude
« Reply #121 on: February 03, 2018, 02:50:55 PM »
Hey Wookie, what host and what errors?
Anyways why you all code so late? Or early? Don't you guys sleep at all?
Sleep? What's that? Just put a wire up your arse and charge while you code during the night. Doesn't all do that, or is it just me??

Offline Kami

• Developer
  • Level 7 Expert
  • Pokemon Master!
« Reply #122 on: February 03, 2018, 03:43:26 PM »
Tests with MySQL have been made and it now works.

The problem is, that the implementation with SQL Alchemy without threading can and will cause laggs due to the database saving.

It could take some time until threading is implemented as I currently have no knowledge on how to do it. If anyone feels up to the task of implementing threading for the database, let me know :)

Offline phixious

• Level 1 Trained Beginner
  • <3 WCS :)
« Reply #123 on: February 03, 2018, 04:41:33 PM »
I will do some more testing with it today since the fix. I will do some latency testing to see how much of a hit it takes when saving to the DB.

Is there any settings we could use to mitigate the latency hits like only save on game/map end as a temporary measure? I imagine that we can do that just by tweaking the settings for save delay and savexponround?

Edit: It looks like all of my extra comments (alternate configuration) are being removed each time I update the server. I will do a bit more testing into what exactly causes it but my WCS_core.cfg to wipe all of my extra configuration.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2018, 05:00:38 PM by phixious »

Offline Kami

• Developer
  • Level 7 Expert
  • Pokemon Master!
« Reply #124 on: February 03, 2018, 04:52:29 PM »
You could set the saving method to time based instead of round based and then set the map duration time as save delay.

It's hard to see lag at mapchange though I think.

Offline phixious

« Reply #125 on: February 03, 2018, 05:18:32 PM »
here is what I am seeing with the latest that is on github:

Quote from: console
[SP] Successfully loaded plugin 'es_emulator'.
[SP] Loading plugin 'wcs'...
[SP] Encountered a Warning:
File '../addons/source-python/plugins/wcs/commands.py', line 386: DeprecationWarning
invalid escape sequence \s
[SP] Caught an Exception:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "../addons/source-python/packages/site-packages/sqlalchemy/engine/base.py", line 1139, in _execute_context
context)
File "../addons/source-python/packages/site-packages/sqlalchemy/engine/default.py", line 450, in do_execute
cursor.execute(statement, parameters)
File "../addons/source-python/packages/site-packages/pymysql/cursors.py", line 161, in execute
result = self._query(query)
File "../addons/source-python/packages/site-packages/pymysql/cursors.py", line 317, in _query
conn.query(q)
File "../addons/source-python/packages/site-packages/pymysql/connections.py", line 837, in query
self._affected_rows = self._read_query_result(unbuffered=unbuffered)
File "../addons/source-python/packages/site-packages/pymysql/connections.py", line 1021, in _read_query_result
result.read()
File "../addons/source-python/packages/site-packages/pymysql/connections.py", line 1304, in read
first_packet = self.connection._read_packet()
File "../addons/source-python/packages/site-packages/pymysql/connections.py", line 983, in _read_packet
packet.check_error()
File "../addons/source-python/packages/site-packages/pymysql/connections.py", line 395, in check_error
err.raise_mysql_exception(self._data)
File "../addons/source-python/packages/site-packages/pymysql/err.py", line 120, in raise_mysql_exception
_check_mysql_exception(errinfo)
File "../addons/source-python/packages/site-packages/pymysql/err.py", line 115, in _check_mysql_exception
raise InternalError(errno, errorvalue)
pymysql.err.InternalError: (1054, "Unknown column 'Players.currace' in 'field list'")
The above exception was the direct cause of the following exception:
File "../addons/source-python/packages/source-python/plugins/command.py", line 162, in load_plugin
plugin = self.manager.load(plugin_name)
File "../addons/source-python/packages/source-python/plugins/manager.py", line 193, in load
plugin._load()
File "../addons/source-python/packages/source-python/plugins/instance.py", line 76, in _load
self.module.load()
File "../addons/source-python/plugins/wcs/wcs.py", line 99, in load
database.updateRank()
File "../addons/source-python/plugins/wcs/database.py", line 132, in updateRank
all_players = self.session.query(Players).order_by(desc(Players.totallevel)).all()
File "../addons/source-python/packages/site-packages/sqlalchemy/orm/query.py", line 2613, in all
return list(self)
File "../addons/source-python/packages/site-packages/sqlalchemy/orm/query.py", line 2761, in __iter__
return self._execute_and_instances(context)
File "../addons/source-python/packages/site-packages/sqlalchemy/orm/query.py", line 2776, in _execute_and_instances
result = conn.execute(querycontext.statement, self._params)
File "../addons/source-python/packages/site-packages/sqlalchemy/engine/base.py", line 914, in execute
return meth(self, multiparams, params)
err.raise_mysql_exception(self._data)

Is there something has hasn't been committed yet?

Offline Kami

• Developer
  • Level 7 Expert
  • Pokemon Master!
« Reply #126 on: February 03, 2018, 05:23:12 PM »
Did you remove the WCS stuff from your database?

Offline phixious

« Reply #127 on: February 04, 2018, 12:10:47 AM »
Not prior to posting that. After dropping the table it does connect properly and create both tables as expected (players, races).

I saw a pretty big jump in CPU usage during the round that saved to the DB. This included a disconnection notice that lasted a little over 2 seconds before going away. To get better data on what's going on, I'll need to setup some scripts to dump connections to logs from my MySQL box but I am not sure that is going to be worth the effort at the moment since there is an obvious need to move to a threaded implementation of SQL Alchemy.

But I have some data as it will be used in future implementation so maybe I will have time to do some work on the other stuff I was thinking about.

As side note: I also saw an uptick in the server side var by about 2 to 5 ms +- .7 to 1.3 consistently.

This variance doesn't seem to happen when running with the sqlite db but, it could also be something to do with one of my other games running on the box. I'll look a little further into it and see if there was anything else going on that could explain it.

Offline Kami

• Developer
  • Level 7 Expert
  • Pokemon Master!
« Reply #128 on: February 04, 2018, 12:13:18 AM »
I too experienced a pretty big lag when saving xp, so its propably rather a problem with many connections beeing made at the same time which leads to the server having no time for other things (like working).

Offline phixious

« Reply #129 on: February 04, 2018, 02:32:31 AM »
So it isn't consistent that I am getting this error but I am seeing this on some loads

File "../addons/source-python/packages/source-python/events/listener.py", line 92, in fire_game_event
callback(game_event)
File "../addons/source-python/plugins/wcs/wcs.py", line 1146, in _player_hurt
if attacker and victim and not weapon.lower() in ('point_hurt') and not weapon.lower() in ('worldspawn'):
NameError: name 'weapon' is not defined

Offline WCS - Wookie

• Level 6 Experienced
  • Qualified Teacher, working in IT and loving WCS.
« Reply #130 on: February 04, 2018, 09:04:22 AM »
Hey Muerte,

My issue is that my server hosts don't have the required libs for Source Python to work. My hosts are Game-source.org
https://www.game-source.org/
If you know of any hosts in the Australia/New Zealand region that have support for SourcePython and run counter strike source please let me know. (At this point i am not interested in running a CSGO WCS)
If you like WCS and are from AUS/NZ drop by our server to take a look.

Offline Kami

• Developer
  • Level 7 Expert
  • Pokemon Master!
« Reply #131 on: February 04, 2018, 10:46:24 AM »
So it isn't consistent that I am getting this error but I am seeing this on some loads

File "../addons/source-python/packages/source-python/events/listener.py", line 92, in fire_game_event
callback(game_event)
File "../addons/source-python/plugins/wcs/wcs.py", line 1146, in _player_hurt
if attacker and victim and not weapon.lower() in ('point_hurt') and not weapon.lower() in ('worldspawn'):
NameError: name 'weapon' is not defined

Sorry, my bad. Delted a line that was important. Its fixed now :)

Offline phixious

« Reply #132 on: February 04, 2018, 04:23:05 PM »
Alright. Updated with the build from commit 86c9072. Here is a warning I am getting now

Quote from: Console
[SP] Loading plugin 'wcs'...
[SP] Encountered a Warning:
File '../addons/source-python/plugins/wcs/commands.py', line 386: DeprecationWarning
invalid escape sequence \s

Everything appears to still be working so the warning is probably not a big deal.

Offline Kami

• Developer
  • Level 7 Expert
  • Pokemon Master!
« Reply #133 on: February 07, 2018, 07:01:11 PM »
Update:

• Rewrote the core player and race classes to provide Threading support. That means less laggs with any database type
  • Added working 'Back' options for every wcs related menu opened via wcsmenu

This update may not seem like much from the changelog, but it affected most of the files, so be sure to make a clean install and make sure to not overwrite your races.ini.

The next update will focus on making updating safer by seperating the wcs plugin release and the races and item releases.

Offline Manifest

• Race & effect creator
  • Level 7 Expert
  • Content creator for the new WCS version by Kami.
« Reply #134 on: February 07, 2018, 11:23:29 PM »
Added working 'Back' options for every wcs related menu opened via wcsmenu

Super Kami, that was my queue to set up the WC:S server and get it all going here in the next week. I've just been waiting for this tiny thing. Oh, and a few other very small things, but mostly this. :p
"BRAVORA: Bruh it is fucking operation crystal night when you are approving races."