August 15, 2018, 06:40:28 PM

Author Topic: [Release] Warcraft Source 0.78 for Counterstrike Source & Global Offensive  (Read 12192 times)

Offline Kami

• Developer
  • Level 7 Expert
  • Pokemon Master!
Hey, thank you very much for reporting.

The damage seems to work fine on CS:GO (at least when testet through console.)

There was a problem with the kill beeing registered two times when you killed someone with extra damage, so I added a check if the damage is higher then the health then the damage does not get applied. I think that might be the problem here. That "fix" is not really good. I will look into it!

Edit: Also the python damage is just executing wcs_dealdamage so if one works both should.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2018, 03:49:38 PM by Kami »

Online Naiken

• Level 7 Expert
  • Languages: ESS, SQF
Can confirm you are correct, console damage commands function. After executing the console command it seems extra damage is now functioning, which I find bizarre, perhaps I just needed to restart the server. Sorry for wasting your time, but you can disregard my bug report.

Offline Kami

• Developer
  • Level 7 Expert
  • Pokemon Master!
No problem, rather report a problem that turns out to work then a problem that is not reported :)

Online Naiken

• Level 7 Expert
  • Languages: ESS, SQF
Well, I will continue to be vigilant and I may begin to setup a CSGO server now, so expect some more content from me in the near future. Also, If I haven't said it already, thanks for the hard work required to get WCS to where it is now, without these efforts I fear WCS would have perished.

Offline Kami

• Developer
  • Level 7 Expert
  • Pokemon Master!
Update:

• Removed Chameleon, Flame Predator, Crypt Lord and Succubus Hunter as they need more testing
  • The races included in the newest version should be running better then they did before. If you find any problems with them please let me know.

The biggest part of this update is the fact that the races.ini was removed. There now is a new file called

Code: [Select]
default_races.ini
In here you will find the races shipped with the official release.

You can now create the races.ini file yourself and WCS will load both files into your race list. Default races from the default_races.ini first and custom races from the races.ini second.

If you do not want to use this system, you can disable the default_races.ini in the wcs_core.cfg by setting

wcs_use_default_race_file
to 0.

If you have any questions or experience problems with this release, please let me know.

Offline WCS - Wookie

• Level 6 Experienced
  • Qualified Teacher, working in IT and loving WCS.
Ooo I like that Kami,

Means that we don't have to keep editing our own custom racelists everytime we update the mod to the latest version.

No more renaming yay :)
If you like WCS and are from AUS/NZ drop by our server to take a look.

Offline Manifest

• Race & effect creator
  • Level 7 Expert
  • Content creator for the new WCS version by Kami.
Update:

• Removed Chameleon, Flame Predator, Crypt Lord and Succubus Hunter as they need more testing

Da'heck?  :o
What was wrong with Flame Predator, it seemed as straight forward as it gets ???
"BRAVORA: Bruh it is fucking operation crystal night when you are approving races."

Offline WCS - Wookie

• Level 6 Experienced
I'm not sure as I haven't done extensive testing with the mod recently but from past experiences with bugs on that race the knife damage and burn skills were the most prone to breaking (in my memory). Perhaps there have been more issues with those skills.

Offline Manifest

• Race & effect creator
  • Level 7 Expert
I'm not sure as I haven't done extensive testing with the mod recently but from past experiences with bugs on that race the knife damage and burn skills were the most prone to breaking (in my memory). Perhaps there have been more issues with those skills.

Oh no, I talked with Kami as of yesterday.
There are no confirmed bugs on these races, we just want to run through them to make sure there are no bugs at all before sharing these, and seeing as these have not been tested since they've always worked with the versions I had we are just dragging them through some extensive testing later. :-)
"BRAVORA: Bruh it is fucking operation crystal night when you are approving races."

Offline Kami

• Developer
  • Level 7 Expert
  • Pokemon Master!
Update:

• Added a fix for the "Multiple Rows were found" error in the database
  • Added new restriction keywords. You can now use any weapon + the keyword only to restrict everything but that weapon (and knife and c4)
  • Added a new command to get the players active weapon - wcs_getactiveweapon <userid> <var>

Example:
es wcs_restrict event_var(userid) m4a1only

This will restrict everything but the m4a1, the knife and c4.

Offline Manifest

• Race & effect creator
  • Level 7 Expert
Update:
  • Added a new command to get the players active weapon - wcs_getactiveweapon <userid> <var>

+ WooT!
Thank fucking god!
I completely forgot about this one, this will allow me to make some of the skills that I had to scrap back then, this is an interesting add, I like this a lot! :D

Great to see the fix as well, and I like the neat way to use the keyword restriction, I will probably go with my old method but it does make life a lot easier for most people who aren't very familiar with the restriction system! :-)

Offline WCS - Wookie

• Level 6 Experienced
I already have a block called kniferestrict :) I use this to make my races knife only, saves having to type out all the various weapon restrictions and also makes it look cleaner in the code ^^. I also have a few other restriction types like shottyrestrict, smgrestrict, sniperrestrict.

But yeah this should make restriction type things so much easier to code.

Also would I use wcs_getactiveweapon to then call this info later? like
if activeweapon = m4a1
{
  do
    {
      x command here
    }
}

Offline Kami

• Developer
  • Level 7 Expert
  • Pokemon Master!
Well wcs_getactiveweapon works like any other eventscripts command that "gets" a value and stores it to a variable.

You can ofc do checks on it like:

es wcs_getactiveweapon event_var(userid) wcs_weapon
if (server_var(wcs_weapon) == "weapon_m4a1") do
{
    //do stuff
}

Or for simpler things like letting the victim know what weapon hit him.
es wcs_getactiveweapon event_var(attacker) wcs_weapon
es_tell event_var(userid) You were hit by server_var(wcs_weapon)

Offline WCS - Wookie

• Level 6 Experienced
Ah k right, my coding syntax needs some work lol, been awhile

Offline Kami

• Developer
  • Level 7 Expert
  • Pokemon Master!
Update:

• Added Flame Predator, Crypt Lord and Succubus Hunter back in

I decided that I will not add Chameleon in future updates as it is not a part of any Warcraft story and is more like recycling already used skills.
I will however have a look at some of the original Warcraft Races and Heroes and might add some of those in the future.