January 23, 2019, 05:09:26 AM

Author Topic: [Race] - Azura - The champion slayer  (Read 1154 times)

Offline ErikZen

• Level 1 Trained Beginner
  • Do This - Do That - Do What?
Re: [Race] - Azura - The champion slayer
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2018, 08:06:19 PM »
Thanks for responding Kami, at which point in the code do i adjust values for strength of the push? because as far as i can see when i am testing, there is still no push going on, it does trigger and say "you pushed" etc. but nothing is going on, sorry for being a hassle.

Offline Kami

• Developer
  • Level 7 Expert
  • Pokemon Master!
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2018, 09:23:35 PM »
I added a <force> argument to wcs_pushto in the newest update. Not sure it will help though. You might want to wait and see if Manifest will test his race

Offline WCS - Wookie

• Level 6 Experienced
  • Qualified Teacher, working in IT and loving WCS.
« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2018, 12:49:31 AM »
Ooooh thats pretty neat, so in the second example it is directly applying a push effect to the x1, y1, and z1 positions of the player and doesn't need to store those values like in the first example.

Is that right?
If you like WCS and are from AUS/NZ drop by our server to take a look.

Offline Manifest

• Race & effect creator
  • Level 7 Expert
  • Content creator for the new WCS version by Kami.
« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2018, 08:51:11 AM »
Ooooh thats pretty neat, so in the second example it is directly applying a push effect to the x1, y1, and z1 positions of the player and doesn't need to store those values like in the first example.

Is that right?

No, that it incorrect.
It is essentially the same usage, you just cannot use the variable stored in vectors but you're now bound to use coordinates instead of the old method. :-)

This error is caused by the wrong usage of wcs_pushto.
no vectors needed.

I will let you know Kami, that this race was thoroughly tested and that using vectors like that USED to work perfectly and there were nothing wrong with the skills aside from the ultimate.
The fact that pushto was missing a force argument also goes to what I said back then about our push based teleports were not working correctly and it wasn't doing what it was supposed to in fact was true.

With the implementation of the push arguments hopefully this should work and the race code will not have to be edited, elsewise I would like to know if it does not work so I can adjust the race code, although it would be smarter to edit the code of the command so it supports it's original purposes and doesn't break other races using this method, which I know there are a couple of out there.

I think it would be smartest to make it use it's old syntax or atleast keep the capabilities of using it, seeing as this will inevitably cause problems with races added onto servers over time, with them not working to a point where it'd be gamebreaking. Also I intend to release a racepack at some point containing anywhere between 50-100 races, and really would love to not go and re-do all race's custom teleport block as it's one of the most commonly used ultimate mechanics. :p
It would be nice if it supports your new method as it saves some lines Kami, but would it be possible that we also keep the option of using the old method at the same time to avoid unnnecessary complications both for upcoming releases and for server owners?

Either way these the fact that push related things didn't work correctly makes a whole lot of sense now at least. :P
« Last Edit: June 06, 2018, 08:55:56 AM by Manifest »
"BRAVORA: Bruh it is fucking operation crystal night when you are approving races."

Offline Crossale

• Level 0 Beginner
« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2019, 04:12:52 PM »
I would like to solve this problem as soon as possible. Already more than half a year has passed and I can't force some races to work because of this. :(

Offline Manifest

• Race & effect creator
  • Level 7 Expert
  • Content creator for the new WCS version by Kami.
« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2019, 09:50:16 AM »
Because of what? The race, pushto or what exactly?
Can you be a bit more specific Crossale?
"BRAVORA: Bruh it is fucking operation crystal night when you are approving races."