July 09, 2020, 01:19:17 AM

Author Topic: [Race] - Vagabond  (Read 1750 times)

Offline Manifest

• Race & effect creator
  • Level 7 Expert
  • Content creator for the new WCS version by Kami.
[Race] - Vagabond
« on: January 10, 2018, 02:58:37 AM »
This race was originally created by Holliday.
Along with Hybrid Vagabond is also one of the very loved races.
I have seen a lot of people struggling to get the old version of vagabond to work their WCS servers, so I decided to release my reworked version of the race which is fully working, and usable on the new WCS version by Kami.

Enjoy the race and please leave some feedback on the rework! :-)

(◠‿◠)
« Last Edit: January 24, 2018, 12:36:05 PM by Manifest »
"BRAVORA: Bruh it is fucking operation crystal night when you are approving races."

Offline WCS - Wookie

• Level 6 Experienced
  • Qualified Teacher, working in IT and loving WCS.
Re: [Race] - Vagabond
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2018, 08:48:08 AM »
I'll take a look at porting my existing version over and possibly add yours in to compare :P I'm sure yours will have badass effects though :P
If you like WCS and are from AUS/NZ drop by our server to take a look.

Offline Manifest

• Race & effect creator
  • Level 7 Expert
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2018, 12:05:15 PM »
Actually it doesn't have that badass effects, it has some effects, and I've added the random effect lines on the attacker skill which the original release in pre-ob had if I recall correct, but aside from that I didn't change too much, added another effect for the ultimate and spawn effect, but it is nothing extreme or really new in any way. :-)

But I hope you will like the race regardless :-)
"BRAVORA: Bruh it is fucking operation crystal night when you are approving races."

Offline Jareth

• Wcs-Lagerhaus.net / Deutscher forum Helfer
  • Level 7 Expert
  • Wcs-Lagerhaus/Ich helfe Gernen allen Deutschen =)
    • Server#1 Wcs Home
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2018, 01:26:35 AM »
Fix this lin

Code: [Select]
es wcs_restrict event_var(userid) "glock;usp;p228;deagle;elite;fiveseven;m3;xm1014;mac10;tmp;mp5navy;ump45;p90;galil;famas;ak47;m4a1;aug;sg550;awp;sg552;g3sg1;m249"
es wcs_give event_var(userid) weapon_scout

in

Code: [Select]
es wcs_restrict event_var(userid) "glock;usp_silencer;p250;hkp2000;elite;fiveseven;deagle;revolver;tec9;taser;sawedoff;nova;xm1014;mag7;p90;mp9;mp7;bizon;mac10;ump45;weapon_m4a1_silencer;m4a1_silencer;galilar;ak47;aug;famas;g3sg1;scar20;sg556;m249;negev"
es wcs_give event_var(userid) weapon_ssg08

;)

;)

Offline Manifest

• Race & effect creator
  • Level 7 Expert
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2018, 02:22:57 AM »
Thank you Jareth :-)

I had intentions of updating this race along with a few other of the released ones upon fixing all the race restrictions, but might as well do it now rather than later.

I have updated the Vagabond to now use the restriction system for both CS:S and CS:GO. Now the race can only use a scout in CSS and a ssg08 in CS:GO.

I have also implemented similar fixes in Azura the Champion Slayer, and the Flame Predator in the standard racepack will also receive a similar update soon enough, so that people hopefully will use these examples to make their restrictions with and make their races usable not only in one game. :-)

Offline Breazosi

• Level 0 Beginner
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2018, 01:23:16 PM »
Actually it doesn't have that badass effects of phenq it has some effects, and I've added the random effect lines on the attacker skill which the original release in pre-ob had if I recall correct, but aside from that I didn't change too much.

Vagabond race sounds amazing, Manifest. What was the inspiration behind it? Just curious.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2020, 10:29:47 AM by Breazosi »

Offline Manifest

• Race & effect creator
  • Level 7 Expert
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2018, 01:47:22 PM »
Hehe, thank you for saying so Breazosi.

However this question I cannot answer you, seeing as I merely reworked this race, whilst the original one was made and published by another author named Holliday, who used to create a lot of great content on this forum, this one along with Rapscallion, being some of his most loved work. :-)

So, if you want to know where the inspiration came from, you have to ask Holliday himself, he sometimes swing by to check the forums from time to time. Maybe he'll see this and answer you himself. :-)

But that being said, I am glad that you seem to like the reworked version of the race aswell. But credits goes to Holliday for creating it in the first place :-)

Offline Manifest

• Race & effect creator
  • Level 7 Expert
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2018, 12:46:22 PM »
I recommend re-downloading all the races submitted by me, except for the ones for the CS:S only races.

Because they have all received the same update, making them compatible with both CS:S and CS:GO. With this update sounds for both CS:S and CS:GO have also been added, so races that was missing sounds for CS:GO before have now been fixed.

This race have received an update, I recommend all users to re-download the race.
Unless bugs are reported then this should be the final update for this race.

Offline HOLLIDAY

• <Race Maker>
  • Watchdog
  • Level 7 Expert
  • of all the things ive lost i miss my mind the most
    • HOLLIDAYWCS.COM
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2018, 03:24:06 AM »
Ha, vagabond is such a fun race, especially when your playing against another vagabond

Vagabond was a complete fluke,
I never expected it to be so much fun,
The original was just rapscslion with some tweaks
I took rapscslion and added a teleport to the ultimate and gave it a scout 

I did this between rounds while playing css 
And it was added at map change

Offline WCS - Wookie

• Level 6 Experienced
  • Qualified Teacher, working in IT and loving WCS.
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2018, 07:29:55 AM »
Holliday casually creating one of the most popular races in between maps and im sitting here like how do I make my custom races more popular  ???
If you like WCS and are from AUS/NZ drop by our server to take a look.