December 10, 2018, 08:42:38 AM

Author Topic: Submit your bugs!  (Read 7413 times)

Offline MrDKization

• Level 0 Beginner
  • WCS Returns!
Re: Submit your bugs!
« Reply #90 on: July 13, 2018, 05:40:35 PM »
Fair enough, just not sure what to run with :P "wcs damage" seems a bit off with the damage scale you set. I have to do some more testing to see how much it affects the extra damage

Offline Kami

• Developer
  • Level 7 Expert
  • Pokemon Master!
« Reply #91 on: July 13, 2018, 05:43:06 PM »
wcs damage is still the same as wcs_dealdamage. But you can use wcs_dealdamage from now on for the sake of consistency. the wcs damage wrapper was added more for compatibility reasons

Offline MrDKization

• Level 0 Beginner
  • WCS Returns!
« Reply #92 on: July 13, 2018, 05:50:51 PM »
Yeah wcs damage dosent feel consistent compared to wcs_dealdamage, only hope you find a way for the bug where it double credit you for the kill :)

Offline MrDKization

• Level 0 Beginner
  • WCS Returns!
« Reply #93 on: July 13, 2018, 07:04:00 PM »
Hello sorry to bother again :-)

I found another thing I am not quite sure, it seems like the "removeweapon" command dosent exist? I dont know if it is just me who is stupid or not?  :P

Code: [Select]
[wcs/races/archmage_proudmoore/weapon 58] removeweapon: The command 'removeweapon' could not be found
[wcs/races/archmage_proudmoore/weapon 59] removeweapon: The command 'removeweapon' could not be found

Offline Kami

• Developer
  • Level 7 Expert
  • Pokemon Master!
« Reply #94 on: July 13, 2018, 07:48:41 PM »
Ah sorry, I replaced a lot of sourcemod commands with Python ones and changed removeweapon to wcs_removeweapon. Should be fixed now :)

Edit:
I added a fix (propably) for the damage killing two times.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2018, 02:12:14 AM by Kami »

Offline MrDKization

• Level 0 Beginner
  • WCS Returns!
« Reply #95 on: July 14, 2018, 01:54:01 PM »
Cool thank you. I havent discovered anymore bugs from the standard races, and will start to add more races. Just a question? Will the races from the CSS version work with this new CSS/CSGO WCS? I know that it may take some recoding of some of the commands, but wont be a problem for me, I was just wondering if the races from the old version will work on this?

Sweet about the extra damage, hope it does work. Will test it within an hour :-)

Offline Kami

• Developer
  • Level 7 Expert
  • Pokemon Master!
« Reply #96 on: July 14, 2018, 02:57:13 PM »
The old races "should" work. There might be problems with some races though. But if the races worked well before they should run well with this version too.

Offline MrDKization

• Level 0 Beginner
  • WCS Returns!
« Reply #97 on: July 14, 2018, 03:29:52 PM »
The double kill bug seems still to be unresolved, im sorry to say:

[SP] Caught an Exception:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "../addons/source-python/plugins/wcs/commands.py", line 666, in _centertell
    userid = int(command[1])

ValueError: invalid literal for int() with base 10: ''

getplayerlocation, invalid userid

The same thing pops up again.

The "wcs damage" dosent occur with double kill bug

Edit:
I found another thing about extra damage. If I set Critical strike to 120 with this command:

es_xset wcs_dmg 120
It was just to see if the extra damage that is announced was actually doing that damage, but seems like it is not. In my case it only did 81 damage, screenshot attached as well. Bare in mind that is with the base damage from an USP on a stomach shot which do 22 damage on full armor, so it means it only did 59 extra damage with a fixed set damage. It seems like extra damage do 50% of what is actually announced,
« Last Edit: July 14, 2018, 04:24:22 PM by MrDKization »

Offline Kami

• Developer
  • Level 7 Expert
  • Pokemon Master!
« Reply #98 on: July 14, 2018, 11:02:59 PM »
So I added a temporary fix inside the orcish hore strike block. Í need to do some more testing but with this fix it seemed to work a little bit better (at least the double kill bug).

For the other problem. It might be a problem of having armor. When damage is dealt normally, it takes armor into account, so that might be what is happening here :)

Offline MrDKization

• Level 0 Beginner
  • WCS Returns!
« Reply #99 on: July 15, 2018, 12:50:42 PM »
The double kill bug dosent only appear on Orcish Horde, it appears whenever wcs_dealdamage is taken into account :-)

Offline MrDKization

• Level 0 Beginner
  • WCS Returns!
« Reply #100 on: July 15, 2018, 01:46:07 PM »
Hey I still get the same double kill bug with trying with the new block changes to Orcish Horde with this code:

I dont know if its just me that is something wrong with or what? This is after a fresh install of the WCS mod

Offline Kami

• Developer
  • Level 7 Expert
  • Pokemon Master!
« Reply #101 on: July 15, 2018, 03:33:30 PM »
Okay, I did a new try and this time I did not experience the error anymore. The getplayerlocation thing is not a critical bug, it's just a debug message from the emulator that tells us that the userid that getplayerlocation is called on does not exists.

I fixed a bug for Undead Scourge where it would give that error on reload.

Offline MrDKization

• Level 0 Beginner
  • WCS Returns!
« Reply #102 on: July 15, 2018, 05:38:35 PM »
Right so I dont know what you have done, but the extra damage seems stupid sorry to say :P
It seems like it does extra damage, but when it is the killing shot it somehow makes sure that it dosent do extra damage to avoid the double kill bug thing, but that just feels weird. This mean you cant kill with extra damage because then it goes back to do regular damage. And it feels weird as well. I put a bot on maxed Human Alliance with 150 hp and it seems like the extra damage scaled up cuz the enemy has more than 100 hp. I mean then there is no point in the skill to set damage in the skill setting? Cuz right now the entire block does it on its own and overwrite the skill setting for how much extra damage it wanna do. I mean it is in the right direction, but now it dosent gives you the "satisfaction" to get a kill with extra damage. I hope you can see my point in it. And this is on Orcish Horde with Critical Strike. And Critical grenade dosent seem to work now? It just says critical strike everytime now, but that shouldnt be true.

However it dosent solve the problem with the double kill bug, since other races uses "wcs_dealdamage" and there we have it again with double kill. I wish I was more into python coding cuz then I could also take a look on it, but I am afraid Im not :P I can only code races :) I only wanna help out and test the entire thing :)

Edit:
It looks like from the code that it is going to scale dependent on the health
« Last Edit: July 15, 2018, 05:46:46 PM by MrDKization »

Offline Kami

• Developer
  • Level 7 Expert
  • Pokemon Master!
« Reply #103 on: July 15, 2018, 08:30:39 PM »
I added a fix in the core of the newest version . I think this should work better now.

Offline MrDKization

• Level 0 Beginner
  • WCS Returns!
« Reply #104 on: July 16, 2018, 10:34:00 AM »
Well it def works better now.

If you kill someone with extra damage with "wcs_dealdamage" then in the kill feed it shows you the weapon you killed the person with where back in the days it didnt show you the weapon if you killed someone with extra damage. You can see it on the previous screenshot is that kill feed had to 2 responses where the top is what we used to see when you get a kill with extra damage where it is not the case anymore. I mean I guess its details from my perspective, cuz it is solved but looks like that kill feed is  removed entirely from mod now since "wcs damage" dosent give you a kill feed anymore if you use that. It is just blank on top right corner.

Either it works now, just except the kill feed is not the same as it was in other WCS versions, but again thats me for detail that I liked to see kill feed showed when you know you killed someone with extra damage :) But good work!