July 06, 2020, 04:51:21 AM

Author Topic: [Race] Healing Magician  (Read 928 times)

Offline Jareth

• Wcs-Lagerhaus.net / Deutscher forum Helfer
  • Level 7 Expert
  • Wcs-Lagerhaus/Ich helfe Gernen allen Deutschen =)
    • Server#1 Wcs Home
[Race] Healing Magician
« on: January 22, 2018, 01:03:36 PM »
I have my then first Puplic races of
  October 13, 2008, 21:30:33

rewritten Everything as far as original. Only the effects have changed and a skill has been removed due to balancing

Healing Magician

Skill1:Thief:

Hp to pull itself

Skill2: Doctor

Healing wounds

Skill3:Power of laser

The laser power Mitigate

Ultimate: Light Speed

tunnel vision

DOWNLOAD:

DOWNLOAD

;)

Offline Manifest

• Race & effect creator
  • Level 7 Expert
  • Content creator for the new WCS version by Kami.
Re: [Race] Healing Magician
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2018, 05:32:52 PM »
Hey Jareth! :D

Nice release mate, it is great to see so many people contributing to building up a great modification once more. :-)
Also I love seeing new effects on the forums, it has been far too long since I've seen some unique and custom effects being released here, so this is a nice change of pace. :-)

I just read through the race, really quick and I have a couple of suggestions. :-)

Block Load
Duration is already defined, so you can just remove the entire block load.

Block spawn
I noticed that you use wcs_colour but the command is wcs_color, so if you just remove the u then you should be good. But the spawncmd uses event_var(userid) and not server_var(wcs_userid), so you also have to change that. :-)

Block Diab
This is looking really good man! :-)

Block Healing
You have an effect line that has // in front of it, making it disabled, so I suggest removing the line since it wont be used anyway.

Block Muscelpower
This entire block also have // in front of it, making it disabled, so I also suggest removing this one as it is just taking up space right now when it is not being used. :-)

Block Power
When using es_msg the event_var(attacker) will not send the message to him, but just write his userid since the es_message does not support userids. Right now the message the player would be seeing is:
"2 laser strike did + 20 damage!"

I recommend using es_tell for messages that you want to a specific user. Example:
Code: [Select]
es_tell event_var(attacker) #green Laser strike did + server_var(wcs_dmg) damage!
Then you have this line in your code:
es es_delayed .8 I suppose you were making something with this in the beginning, but changed your mind and forgot to remove it. :-)

Then to the effect for Block Power.
This part would work without any issues or complications, it looks good really. But I have an advice on this part:
es_getplayerlocation wcs_x1 wcs_y1 wcs_z1 event_var(attacker)
es_getplayerlocation wcs_x2 wcs_y2 wcs_z2 event_var(userid)
es_xmath wcs_z1 + 20
es_xmath wcs_z2 + 20
es_getplayerlocation wcs_x2 wcs_y2 wcs_z2 event_var(userid)

Here you get the attacker and the victim's positions, then you set it to be +20 on the z axis, but then you get the victim's position again so it is set back to 0. This makes the previously obtained location and "es_xmath wcs_z2 + 20" useless as you get the same information twice.

After having read most of the races in the previous WCS versions I can easily say that this is a very common mistake and I've seen countless of people doing this one. But it is not harmful in anyway :-)

Block Speed
When you are having any variables or userids. Anything that needs expanding, then you should not use es_x but es_
A rule of thumb when it comes to es_getplayerlocataion, just always go with es_getplayerlocataion instead of es_xgetplayerlocataion, in 499/500 times or so this is the right choice, and it is not even exaggerated. :-)

So change the line to:
es_getplayerlocation wcs_x1 wcs_y1 wcs_z1 server_var(wcs_userid)

And the entire block file should be good :-)
But honestly, it's a great release, I hope you'll fix these small issues, because the race itself have some really nice effects and a unique touch to it, I think people could enjoy playing it. :-)

Keep up the great work! :-)
"BRAVORA: Bruh it is fucking operation crystal night when you are approving races."

Offline Jareth

• Wcs-Lagerhaus.net / Deutscher forum Helfer
  • Level 7 Expert
  • Wcs-Lagerhaus/Ich helfe Gernen allen Deutschen =)
    • Server#1 Wcs Home
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2018, 09:44:14 PM »
Hey Manifest

Thanks for all the tips.

I have implemented it the same time and fixed everything. Now block should be perfect.

I also added the soundfile file right now.

I hope you like the race.

;)

Offline Manifest

• Race & effect creator
  • Level 7 Expert
  • Content creator for the new WCS version by Kami.
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2018, 12:25:43 AM »
No problem at all Jareth :-)

I'm glad that you took them into consideration and adapted the race, it looks really promising. We'll be having it in here for a week or something, so that people have a chance to tell if they experience any issues, after that I'll be moving it to the approved section assuming that nobody report in anything. :-)

Once again great job and awesome release! :)
I'm looking forward to seeing more of your content :D
"BRAVORA: Bruh it is fucking operation crystal night when you are approving races."