October 15, 2018, 06:14:18 PM

Author Topic: General Newbie  (Read 459 times)

Offline surreal2

• Level 0 Beginner
General Newbie
« on: March 31, 2018, 07:31:15 PM »
Hey guys, I recently got the opportunity to manage a CS:GO server under my friend! Now, I've always had a general idea of how to manage a server, but this mod is something else. I'm willing to learn and willing to work with others!

I also couldn't find the right area on where to post this.

1. Will the old tutorials translate to this new version? For example: installing ultimate blocks, it seems that they're all branched out in folders

2. Is there somebody willing to take the time to teach a newbie like me! I've just discovered this and it's great, I'd like to have the opportunity to work with somebody or somebody teaching me!
« Last Edit: March 31, 2018, 10:35:14 PM by surreal2 »

Offline surreal2

• Level 0 Beginner
Re: General Newbie
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2018, 10:37:33 PM »
Having new problems, sv_allowupload must be set to 1 before connecting, how can I disable that?

Offline Frogs

• Level 0 Beginner
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2018, 05:27:03 PM »
Hi !

I would like to learn how to make a race too. And are the old races compatible with the new version ?

Offline Manifest

• Race & effect creator
  • Level 7 Expert
  • Content creator for the new WCS version by Kami.
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2018, 04:38:52 PM »
Hi !

I would like to learn how to make a race too. And are the old races compatible with the new version ?

In terms of your second part of your question, yes the old races work, but to specify the races from after the orange box update will work (assuming that they are coded correct) a lot of them contain errors and are not coded very well and you might therefore experience some things not workiing correctly.
If you intend to use the old races I will advice you to only use races from the approved section, but in fact they should work and be compatible with the new version without any problems.

"BRAVORA: Bruh it is fucking operation crystal night when you are approving races."

Offline WCS - Wookie

• Level 6 Experienced
  • Qualified Teacher, working in IT and loving WCS.
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2018, 04:02:23 AM »
Hi Surreal,
I would be willing to help you out with some of the mod setup stuff (although I am by far not the most knowledgeable.) Click the link in my signature to add me on steam and I'll talk to you on there rather than spamming the message boards ^^
If you like WCS and are from AUS/NZ drop by our server to take a look.