July 09, 2020, 01:00:25 AM

Author Topic: [Race] - Light Bender  (Read 864 times)

Offline lphsqr

• Level 0 Beginner
  • 2011-2018.
    • PhutureWCS
[Race] - Light Bender
« on: May 18, 2018, 02:31:04 PM »
Hello :)

Original race: http://warcraft-source.com/board/index.php?topic=11054.0
I saved original effects  ;)

Light Bender

Red Laser
• Burn enemy •

Blue Laser
• Freeze enemy •

Green Laser
• Push enemy •

Shape Shift
• +Speed, - Gravity •

Disco Ball
• Disco battle with the enemy on high •

Install:
1. Add race to races.ini
2. add "es_load wcs/races/light_bender" to es_emulator/eventscripts/wcs/races/es_races.txt
3. add light_bender to es_emulator/eventscripts/wcs/races

Offline Manifest

• Race & effect creator
  • Level 7 Expert
  • Content creator for the new WCS version by Kami.
Re: [Race] - Light Bender
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2018, 01:26:14 PM »
Hi there Rits!

Let me start by saying I am glad to see you are releasing your content on the forum and in addition I'd like to congratulate you on your first public race release. :-)

I would like to point out that for a rework this is VERY solid, I am frankly very surprised by this release, it is very atypical for people to have this few amount of errors in their first many race releases. I quickly looked at the race at the release date of it, but I saw it was a really solid rework and I wanted to take an in-depth look into it.

Overall the race rework as a whole is nothing less but great! You have good organization of the skills and it's really easy to navigate in the race the way you've structured it. Just a really good job! Especially for one of your first releases this is very much above average, I think you have great potential when it comes to race creation. Keep up the fantastic work! ;)

I found very few things that you can improve on this race and your races in the future. As mentioned the structure overall is great so this first thing is not a must, but just a suggestion. I'd advice you to download the Race Checker, insert your race.ini code, go to "Edit" and click format, this will give your race an easily readable structure with little to no effort. :-)

Example on how the race code looks when using the format feature:
Code: [Select]
[Light Bender]
    #Requirement section
    required       = 0
    maximum        = 0

#Restrict section
    restrictmap    = ""
    restrictteam   = 0
    restrictitem   = ""
    teamlimit      = 0

#Other info
    author         = "Gringo & LPHSQR"
    desc           = ""
    spawncmd       = "es_xdoblock wcs/races/light_bender/spawn"
    deathcmd       = ""
    roundstartcmd  = ""
    roundendcmd    = ""
    preloadcmd     = ""
    allowonly      = ""
    onchange       = ""

#Skill information
    numberofskills = 5
    numberoflevels = 5
    skillnames     = "Red Laser|Blue Laser|Green Laser|Shape Shift|Disco Ball"
    skilldescr     = "Burn|Freeze|Push|Gravity+Speed|Light Show!"
    skillcfg       = "player_attacker|player_attacker|player_attacker|player_spawn|player_ultimate"
    skillneeded    = "0|0|0|0|0"

#Skill specific information
    [[skill1]]
        setting = "es_xset wcs_chance 5|es_xset wcs_chance 10|es_xset wcs_chance 15|es_xset wcs_chance 20|es_xset wcs_chance 25"
        cmd     = "es_xdoblock wcs/races/light_bender/red"
        sfx     = ""

[[skill2]]
        setting = "es_xset wcs_chance 5|es_xset wcs_chance 10|es_xset wcs_chance 15|es_xset wcs_chance 20|es_xset wcs_chance 25"
        cmd     = "es_xdoblock wcs/races/light_bender/blue"
        sfx     = ""

[[skill3]]
        cmd     = "es_xdoblock wcs/races/light_bender/green"
        sfx     = ""

[[skill4]]
        setting = "es_xset wcs_gravity 0.68;es_xset wcs_speed 1.24|es_xset wcs_gravity 0.6;es_xset wcs_speed 1.28|es_xset wcs_gravity 0.52;es_xset wcs_speed 1.32|es_xset wcs_gravity 0.44;es_xset wcs_speed 1.36|es_xset wcs_gravity 0.36;es_xset wcs_speed 1.40"
        cmd     = "es_xdoblock wcs/races/light_bender/shape"
        sfx     = ""

[[skill5]]
        setting  = "es_xset wcs_radius 800|es_xset wcs_radius 1000|es_xset wcs_radius 1500|es_xset wcs_radius 2000|es_xset wcs_radius 4000"
        cmd      = "es_xdoblock wcs/races/light_bender/wcs_ulti_bender"
        sfx      = ""
        cooldown = "15"

That is all there is to the .ini part of the race.
If you open the light_bender.txt and go to block blue, then the tell message says the following:
es_tell event_var(attacker) #multi #green[WCS]#lightgreen Red Laser - Freeze enemy for 2 seconds!
Change it to:
es_tell event_var(attacker) #multi #green[WCS]#lightgreen Blue Laser - Freeze enemy for 2 seconds!
I realize this is not a biggy but I figured I would tell you so you'd know about it :-)
Aside from this there are not really that many errors big errors, there are a few expansion related errors and some very minor things.
I would recommend you to copy the entire code inside of light_bender.txt and paste it into this website, and toggle "Unnecessary expansion".
http://check.eventscripts.com/

This website is a great help when coding in blocks, and will tell you just which things might lead to issues in your race's blocks and also come with suggestions on how to fix them :-)
Once these few things have been corrected I will move it to this race to the approved race's section, a place which the original race should never actually have been placed. :-)

This might seem like a lot, but it really isn't, I am being this specific and thorough because I believe you have a lot of potential and this might prove useful to you and I am normally not going this much in depth on people's first races in terms of expansion errors, but I believe you by far are at a point where this is useful information to you and you have the necessary skill and understanding to make use of the information. :-)

I acknowledge you, insanely good job, keep it up! :D
"BRAVORA: Bruh it is fucking operation crystal night when you are approving races."

Offline WCS - Wookie

• Level 6 Experienced
  • Qualified Teacher, working in IT and loving WCS.
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2018, 01:52:22 AM »
I'd advice you to download the Race Checker, insert your race.ini code, go to "Edit" and click format, this will give your race an easily readable structure with little to no effort. :-)

... Why didnt you tell me about this earlier >< I spent like 10 hours manually formatting my racefiles  :'( :'( :'(
If you like WCS and are from AUS/NZ drop by our server to take a look.

Offline Manifest

• Race & effect creator
  • Level 7 Expert
  • Content creator for the new WCS version by Kami.
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2018, 03:38:32 PM »
Well, I guess there should be a tutorial on how to use the race checker I suppose :P
I also found this feature way later on and actually found it when searching for the race gap functionality after having had a long break :-)
"BRAVORA: Bruh it is fucking operation crystal night when you are approving races."

Offline Muerte

• Administrator
  • Level 7 Expert
  • Crew: Fortitude
    • Fortitude
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2018, 09:14:57 AM »
Hehe Rits, I think you got Manifest on high. Its one thing for a race to do that to people in-game, but if it works by just looking at the code then that is surely something :D
Anyways why you all code so late? Or early? Don't you guys sleep at all?
Sleep? What's that? Just put a wire up your arse and charge while you code during the night. Doesn't all do that, or is it just me??