August 06, 2020, 08:40:08 AM

Author Topic: Hi guys its been a long time!  (Read 2052 times)

Offline EpicFailz1337

• Level 1 Trained Beginner
  • <3 WCS :)
Hi guys its been a long time!
« on: March 01, 2020, 04:54:26 PM »
Hi guys i havent been on here for a long time as family/work has taken over most of my free time and life haha

i just started renting a CS:GO server and wanted to add WCS to the server i have successfully managed to add WCS and got my wcs admin working yet with these new files im just wondering how do i add any races? altho WCS is installed there is 0 races in the files, ive looked through the install instructions but cant seem to figure it out :((

is there any WCS Guru's still around that could possibly give me a helping hand? haha

thanks in advance guys!

Offline Xiazee

• Librarian
  • Level 0 Beginner
Re: Hi guys its been a long time!
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2020, 06:34:46 PM »
I assume you are using the version by ThaPwned. The content is available from https://github.com/ThaPwned/WCS-Contents. If you want more you either have to make them yourself or maybe you can use some from the older versions of wcs https://github.com/ThaPwned/WCS#adding-old-style-races-and-items.

Offline EpicFailz1337

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2020, 06:51:51 PM »
Hi XiaZee thanks so much man :) yea im using ThaPwned ones i had no idea there was separate "contents" haha really appreciate it m8 :)

Offline Manifest

• Race & effect creator
  • Level 7 Expert
  • Content creator for the WCS version by ThaPwned.
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2020, 08:14:21 AM »
Hi EpicFail!

It's nice to see you, welcome back mate ;)
In essence there aren't a lot of the new styled races, but the version is backwards compatible so old content works as well, meaning that your old race list technically works on the new version by Tha Pwned if you happen to still have that laying around :)

Although the old races from back then have a lot of issues and such they are still usable for most parts. As time passes I will be releasing reworked / remastered races of these races, but once they've been properly tested and are certain to be fully working.  :-)

This discord is still a bit of "work in progress" but if you'd to then you can join it, then you can just ask away if there's anything: https://discord.gg/2DnAXkF

Glad to see you back man! :D
"BRAVORA: Bruh it is fucking operation crystal night when you are approving races."

Offline EpicFailz1337

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2020, 06:03:32 PM »
Hi Manifest and thankyou its good to be back,
I did try to follow the steps to get my old races working but in my old WCS files i couldnt find the Es_Wcs files i added Sr
Trings.ini items.ini and races.ini.
I wanted to try get it all working because Monday-Fridays im over 150 miles away from home with work and my son wants to be able to play wcs now he is older haha.
I will certainly join the Discord server when i get home from work on Friday night :-) also sounds amazing that you will be getting the older races remastered you Guru's always did the greatest stuff

Offline jktu

• Level 0 Beginner
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2020, 07:43:10 AM »
 :)

Offline killer 007

• Level 6 Experienced
  • Race and Effects creator since 2010
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2020, 09:45:55 PM »
Good luck with your server! Btw, after 7 years, I decided to create WCS server too  :D