July 16, 2019, 07:24:50 AM

Author Topic: [Race] Solaris, Child of the Sun  (Read 13093 times)

Offline Polis

• Level 5 Trained Intermediate
[Race] Solaris, Child of the Sun
« on: August 21, 2008, 04:24:25 AM »
First off let me say that this race uses extended events.  I am not here to hold your hand, but i will tell you that you can download EE at http://mattie.info/cs/.

!!!!This race will not work without the latest ES, EE and WCS 0.77!!!!!!

This race consists of 6 skills and an innate skill:
Innate: Solar Grenades will deal damage depending on how close an enemy is to where it detonates.
1. Solar Energy - Hitting an enemy with a Solar Grenade will collect Solar Energy for you.
2. Solar Stun - Solar Grenades will freeze your opponent (had to stick to the normal freeze or else this race would be even more OP than it already is).
3. Solar Speed - Expend Solar Energy to increase speed. <ability2>
4 .Solar Heal - Your Solar Grenades will Heal Teammates as well as yourself for a maximum of 135 HP (if they are at 110, if not they will be healed for a maximum of 125)..
5. Create a Solar Grenade - Expend Solar Energy to create a Solar Grenade
6. Solar Flare - Expend Solar Energy to instantly kill a target enemy.
!!!!!!!!!Solar Grenades thrown by a Child of the Sun will not blind teammates!!!!!!!!

This race requires that you install another ability block.  I will try to explain all of this as best I can.

Please post bugs, comments, questions and ideas.  I am open for changing the ultimate if anyone has a good substitute.  Also I would like to thank HOLLIDAY for all the hard work he puts into his races and effects.  We all use them, cheers to you HOLLIDAY.  Keep up the amazing work.  I would also like to thank Super Dave for all his hard work on EE.

I would also like to thank Koshy for not sharing any of his work.  By doing this he prompted me to script this.  Hats of to you Koshy for not sharing.  You are my inspiration.  The wind beneath my wings if you will :D

PS. Always backup any files you edit for safekeeping.  I am not responsible for any damage this race may cause to your WCS server.

PPS.  You might want to change the description of the ability skills to inculde <ability> and for the second ability <ability2>.  I didn't include these because it made the text to long and cut if off.  I couldn't see any words to remove without making the descriptions look like crap.

[attachment deleted by admin - older than 200 days!]
« Last Edit: August 22, 2008, 04:52:55 AM by Polis »

Offline Rotgutts

• Level 7 Expert
  • Krechure Feature
Re: [Race] Solaris, Child of the Sun
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2008, 04:58:05 AM »
Nice one!!!!! I loves it!

Offline Koshy

• Level 7 Expert
    • Lethal Reflex
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2008, 05:32:36 AM »
Damn, I did it again.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2008, 05:38:33 AM by Koshy »

Offline Polis

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2008, 05:41:53 AM »
By your logic we should thank krypt, Mattie and Awuh0 every time we make a race or doing anything with either of those three mods.  Your logic = failz.

All three of those people probably know that people thank them or think highly of them in their own ways.  I am sure Superdave feels the same way.

Offline Koshy

• Level 7 Expert
    • Lethal Reflex
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2008, 05:44:00 AM »
Damn, I did it again.

Offline Polis

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2008, 05:49:11 AM »
No I am humble, I posted this race to help the people.  To empower the people.  I care not for trivial things like a dispute between me and you.  I say let bygones be bygones.  Thank you for responding semi-positively in this thread.

Offline Koshy

• Level 7 Expert
    • Lethal Reflex
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2008, 06:06:31 AM »
Damn, I did it again.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2008, 06:09:50 AM by Koshy »

Offline Polis

« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2008, 06:10:43 AM »
I did create this myself...I even recoded most of the ultimate(I am a pragmatic scripter, why completely redo something that is already almost perfect?(Stinky is teh pwnz))myself).  Seriously though, by your logic you are saying that every single race (including yours) we create is us just using krypts hard work ect (which we are, but it is obviously not thought of by everyone around here that we are all just plagiarists).

The only reason I scripted this is so I could prove to myself and others (you) that I am not just some novice.  I took a race you and Phat both obviously thought very highly of and scripted it in less than 3 hours (the final version).  Actually, it even sounds better than yours does.  On top of that I also teach (poorly) people how to install a second ability in the txt.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2008, 06:17:17 AM by Polis »

Offline Koshy

• Level 7 Expert
    • Lethal Reflex
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2008, 06:20:07 AM »
Damn, I did it again.

Offline Polis

« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2008, 06:32:23 AM »
Your a fool if you think you don't use others knowledge.  In fact all knowledge is built from others previous knowledge. 

PS.  Is Kari on the mattie forums you?

Offline Koshy

• Level 7 Expert
    • Lethal Reflex
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2008, 06:37:59 AM »
Damn, I did it again.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2008, 06:41:09 AM by Koshy »

Offline Polis

« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2008, 06:39:47 AM »
To me it always seems like your nice comments are daggers to the back in disguise.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2008, 06:41:52 AM by Polis »

Offline Koshy

• Level 7 Expert
    • Lethal Reflex
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2008, 06:43:01 AM »
Damn, I did it again.

Offline Polis

« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2008, 06:45:17 AM »
I didn't use EE, I didn't use keysets (except to check if a solar flare race)... and if you think about it you gave credz to holliday for basically making your levelbank and rested xp EVEN POSSIBLE... so why not give credit where credit is due?

As far as I am aware Holliday used one of Jeffs script as a base script to work off of for his gold mod.  Maybe I should be giving props to Jeff instead of Holliday.

Offline Polis

« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2008, 06:56:17 AM »
I have access to two different ISPs in my house.