May 22, 2019, 07:43:53 AM

Author Topic: Help!?!  (Read 1645 times)

Offline mikeyrocks

• Level 0 Beginner
Help!?!
« on: October 06, 2008, 11:44:27 PM »
These races aren't working when i number them and stuff?
Can someone explain or do this for me? If you do it for me it will be GLADLY appreciated!
P.S I think these are they right race files, I will edit in a few to make sure they are.

[attachment deleted by admin - older than 200 days!]
« Last Edit: October 06, 2008, 11:49:14 PM by mikeyrocks »

Offline mikeyrocks

• Level 0 Beginner
Re: Help!?!
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2008, 12:21:07 AM »
** Bump***

Offline iheartshrooms

• Level 0 Beginner
    • ~(ShroomClan)~
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2008, 12:10:25 AM »
They seem fine to me. Are you running them on a server? got an IP?

Offline mikeyrocks

• Level 0 Beginner
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2008, 12:45:04 AM »
They all don't appear on the list I should have them numbered right, and the other file i want combined Just i've had no time to do it.

Offline iheartshrooms

• Level 0 Beginner
    • ~(ShroomClan)~
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2008, 12:59:27 AM »
on my server the numbers get messed up, and i just have to remember that 8 is back and 9 is forward and 0 is exit. I wonder if that is your problem, just keep hitting "9" and see if you can see all of them

Mine:

8:exit
9:back
0:next

what it really is:

8:back
9:next
0:exit

Offline Tallon

• Level 0 Beginner
    • Tallon Clan Website
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2008, 05:10:53 AM »
These races aren't working when i number them and stuff?
Can someone explain or do this for me? If you do it for me it will be GLADLY appreciated!
P.S I think these are they right race files, I will edit in a few to make sure they are.

Do the steps in the Guide, it will help you find the problem.
I just made it yesterday!

http://warcraft-source.com/board/index.php/topic,5667.0.html
let use know if it works out : )

-Tallon
/website.php?s=compatible.css&f=18" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" height="205" width="200"></iframe>

Zawmbee

« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2008, 05:36:36 AM »
They are wrong, and do not bother with that tutorial they told you.  If when you type changerace nothing shows up what-so-ever, the problem is your wcs mod.  Otherwise if it shows a list, but not the 2nd page or so on, then go to the race where it stopped at and that will help find your problem.  Last, if it shows the first page races and no next/back options, then your descriptions are too long and it cuts it off.  Just keep pressing 9 to get to the next page.  Also, make sure your wcs mod is loaded before making any changes, then if through all of these there is still a problem, dl a different wcs mod then the one you dled it before in the first place.

Offline Tallon

• Level 0 Beginner
    • Tallon Clan Website
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2008, 07:05:48 AM »
They are wrong, and do not bother with that tutorial they told you.  If when you type changerace nothing shows up what-so-ever, the problem is your wcs mod.  Otherwise if it shows a list, but not the 2nd page or so on, then go to the race where it stopped at and that will help find your problem.  Last, if it shows the first page races and no next/back options, then your descriptions are too long and it cuts it off.  Just keep pressing 9 to get to the next page.  Also, make sure your wcs mod is loaded before making any changes, then if through all of these there is still a problem, dl a different wcs mod then the one you dled it before in the first place.

It is helpfull. It covers all possible avenues to fixing a race file.

-Tallon
/website.php?s=compatible.css&f=18" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" height="205" width="200"></iframe>

Zawmbee

« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2008, 07:19:13 AM »

It is helpfull. It covers all possible avenues to fixing a race file.

-Tallon

Helpful, but not to the point.  This just gives him a definite answer then having to look though a whole tutorial.

Offline mikeyrocks

• Level 0 Beginner
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2008, 02:38:57 AM »
This is the only thing I need help with
It says
ERROR: line too long!
"player_spawn_cmd" "es es_xkeysetvalue WCSuserdata event_var(userid) restricted ;es es_xdelayed 0.5 est_removeweapon event_var(userid) 1;es es_xdelayed 0.8 est_removeweapon event_var(userid) 2;es es_xdelayed 1.1 est_RestrictAll event_var(userid);es es_xif (server_var(wcs_game) = server_var(wcs_game_css)) then es_xdelayed 1.4 est_unrestrict event_var(userid) knife;es es_xif (server_var(wcs_game) = server_var(wcs_game_dods)) then es_xdelayed 1.4 est_unrestrict event_var(userid) spade;es es_xif (server_var(wcs_game) = server_var(wcs_game_dods)) then es_xdelayed 1.5 est_give event_var(userid) weapon_spade;es es_xif (server_var(wcs_game) = server_var(wcs_game_css)) then es_xdelayed 1.7 est_unrestrict event_var(userid) c4;es wcs_givexp event_var(userid) 10 0 0;es est_fade event_var(userid) 2 2 2 0 200 20 40;es es_xdelayed 0.5 est_csay event_var(userid) < predator mode - close combat >;es est_gamestarted wcs_tmp;es es_xif (server_var(wcs_tmp) = 0) then es_xkeysetvalue WCSuserdata event_var(userid) vengeance 1"

Zawmbee

« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2008, 02:13:13 AM »
This is the only thing I need help with
It says
ERROR: line too long!
"player_spawn_cmd" "es es_xkeysetvalue WCSuserdata event_var(userid) restricted ;es es_xdelayed 0.5 est_removeweapon event_var(userid) 1;es es_xdelayed 0.8 est_removeweapon event_var(userid) 2;es es_xdelayed 1.1 est_RestrictAll event_var(userid);es es_xif (server_var(wcs_game) = server_var(wcs_game_css)) then es_xdelayed 1.4 est_unrestrict event_var(userid) knife;es es_xif (server_var(wcs_game) = server_var(wcs_game_dods)) then es_xdelayed 1.4 est_unrestrict event_var(userid) spade;es es_xif (server_var(wcs_game) = server_var(wcs_game_dods)) then es_xdelayed 1.5 est_give event_var(userid) weapon_spade;es es_xif (server_var(wcs_game) = server_var(wcs_game_css)) then es_xdelayed 1.7 est_unrestrict event_var(userid) c4;es wcs_givexp event_var(userid) 10 0 0;es est_fade event_var(userid) 2 2 2 0 200 20 40;es es_xdelayed 0.5 est_csay event_var(userid) < predator mode - close combat >;es est_gamestarted wcs_tmp;es es_xif (server_var(wcs_tmp) = 0) then es_xkeysetvalue WCSuserdata event_var(userid) vengeance 1"

Means that you have too many codes in player_spawn_cmd... make a racealias below player_spawn_cmd and take half of that and put it there.  Do not forget to make the player_spawn_cmd load the racealias.