December 16, 2018, 03:46:33 AM

Author Topic: Re: WOW MOD COMING SOON, HOPEFULLY!  (Read 1738 times)

Offline Berettonawak

• French
  • Level 7 Expert
  • Big Berettonawak is watching you...
    • Coding-Alliance.Com : A bunch of coders? Why not a bunch of players? :P
Re: WOW MOD COMING SOON, HOPEFULLY!
« on: November 23, 2008, 10:05:53 PM »
A World of Warcraft mod with more than 80 skills per class wouldn't be possible in Shell. Since it uses too many keys/keyvalues, server would lag. Imagine getting keyvalues of 80 skills at the time, and executing what they want you to exec. We can't be sure, but i guess this wouldn't be playable :P.
In python, SM, or cpp, this should be okay, but in shell...
Good luck anyways!
Quote from: N0life
Beret, keep yourself focusing on 1 project. Be sure to memorize that down since it sounds good.
Quote from: myself
i love tuna juice :D
Quote from: Pietro
=CA= Pietro: back
=CA= Pietro: sorry, was downstair sharing my chocolate with my cat
=CA= Pietro: you should see his face when he ate it xD
Quote from: myself
=CA= Berettonawak: just because you don't have hope doesn't mean we're doomed

Offline Stinkyfax

• I <3 WCS
  • Level 7 Expert
  • WoW mod
    • World of Warcraft mod Servers
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2008, 11:31:03 PM »
don't waste your time.

Offline JeeJaySee

• Level 0 Beginner
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2008, 01:29:59 AM »
If you managed to get past the apparent lag, it could be interesting.

You would have to get the XP rate perfect though.

It would be interesting aswell if you managed to make a pve map or something where a bot spawned with loads of HP as a boss or just loads of them as random mobs (not spawn campable)

Offline PreDominance

• Level 7 Expert
  • Creativity is your biggest restriction
    • ?WwT?
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2008, 02:47:33 AM »
Make your tut first  :???:
Need help?

Steam:penumbra789                                      
Clan:?WwT? Wcs/Zm mod.                  
ClanWeb:wwt-clan.info

Offline hazzal

• Level 0 Beginner
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2008, 05:19:23 AM »
a wow mod exists already.

Zawmbee

« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2008, 06:34:10 AM »
Alright, for some of you who are ignorant and seem not to want to be educated.  Here we go.  First of all, it would not lag.  There are not 80 skills, there are 80 levels.  Meaning that some skills have 3 level ups, some have 5, others have 1 or two... etc.  Second, I you must not be that experienced to understand that a lag issue can be surpassed easily.  For one, that is if your smart, you can separate everything apart, such as for the Death Knight class in WOW.  Death knight can either be unholy, blood, or frost... so make three races that are blood, unholy or frost, which will eliminate the lag.  Anyways, I found another way to bypass any other case scenario, because I learned the coding to make the new mod, but now that some of you are portraying this in an ignorant fashion, whats the use?  You guys do not know how to respect what someone is doing, I am trying to make gaming a bit more fun for people.  That is if you player WOW you would know there aren't 80 skills...  Now, just because of this response I am getting from you guys, I do not even know it is worth it.  I feel degraded, because of the way people do not educate themselves before seeing that this is highly possible if you look within the fine print.  Guys, please give me peace while doing this, if it comes out and I have the time it will not lag or have any technical issues.  I modified this post, because of the idea that just because a few people decide to react off of their emotions, that doesn't mean everyone else shouldn't deserve the chance to try it out.  Anyways I have to get going, sorry if this caused any of you to feel disrespected.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2008, 10:12:34 PM by Zawmbee »

JBKnutsen

« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2008, 01:07:05 PM »
Didn't you just say that you gave it up..?
But your still making a tutorial...? For something..

Offline Stinkyfax

• I <3 WCS
  • Level 7 Expert
  • WoW mod
    • World of Warcraft mod Servers
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2008, 01:49:14 PM »
it's public but not released yet... kinda closed beta test  ;)

Offline Mayday

• Level 1 Trained Beginner
    • My Clan
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2008, 05:26:19 PM »
Hey, when the Mod will go Open Beta? Cause our Clan & Server Community want to test the Mod.

greeeeeetz

Offline Serenkiy Vol4onok

• Level 7 Expert
  • Never Surrender!!!
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2008, 09:20:10 PM »
I see only one way to make it all... there should be no skill updates but race updates, so - you can choose of 20-40 class skills and the last coolest updates to be open when first are on max level...something like this...and so there should be all classes of WoW + sub-classes - Rogue-combat, rogue-assasination...
Something like that  :roll:
  ~ Just a Nightfall God
  :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted::
  Steel a soul for a second chance
  But you'll never become a man

Zawmbee

« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2008, 09:52:33 PM »
I see only one way to make it all... there should be no skill updates but race updates, so - you can choose of 20-40 class skills and the last coolest updates to be open when first are on max level...something like this...and so there should be all classes of WoW + sub-classes - Rogue-combat, rogue-assasination...
Something like that  :roll:

Yeah, I know what you mean, just that takes longer lol.  I dunno if I will make it now though, since my work schedule just picked up.  I am also taking care of my grandpa in spare time, as well as going through schooling, so it is rough to sit down and be able to do something that I would enjoy.  Trust me guys, I am making it but it may take awhile.  Time is of the essence right?
« Last Edit: November 24, 2008, 10:14:18 PM by Zawmbee »