July 21, 2019, 05:26:09 AM

Author Topic: Best server to get?  (Read 3347 times)

Offline LoganLoganLo

• Level 1 Trained Beginner
Best server to get?
« on: October 10, 2009, 06:15:45 PM »
I am looking to get a good server that can support WCS and not lag Iv been looking at Nuclear Fallout https://www.nfoservers.com/
I want to be able to buy a server at Chicago please tell me if this is a good deal I only want a 10 slot to start with.

Offline DisturbeD

• Level 5 Trained Intermediate
Re: Best server to get?
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2009, 06:30:08 PM »
Holy sh*t, they are selling 10,000 Fps servers oO Well its a lil bit too expensive, but if you really get a Dual Intel Xeon E5440 server like they said in the description, its a great deal..

Though I would only need a Dual Core server for a smaller price!  ;)

Offline Texno

• Level 7 Expert
    • 1337Forums
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2009, 06:51:47 PM »
ukgame.com

Offline D3vil

• Level 7 Expert
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2009, 08:47:49 PM »
www.gameservers.com  (AWESOMELY cheap to buy it on Christmass)
http://www.counter-strike.com/

Offline LoganLoganLo

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2009, 01:37:36 AM »
Im thinking about going 10 slot possibly with 10k fps shouldnt be to bad a month.

joshtrav

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2009, 05:20:18 AM »
Logan,

If you are going 10slot Ultra FPS, I highly suggest NFO.

John is by far one of the best providers I have had in some time.  I mean, quite literally, any problem I have had, he has been there to support it, debug it, and make sure it was resolved.

In one extreme case he went as far as to push Valve to address an exploit discovered which was far beyond that of any other provider.

You can also get a 2 day preview with them so check em out.   Do me the favor though and use this so I get a credit from it if you do so:

https://www.nfoservers.com/order.php?referrer=WCSP

Also, feel free to PM me.  I can give you our server IP so you can come check out how it is.
They will also provide you with fastDL, and website, a free small vent, and mysql access.  It is well worth the deal.

Offline LoganLoganLo

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2009, 06:38:43 AM »
If I buy a NFo server do I get a "Consol" on my computer not sure never really had a server before Iv played in millions of servers just never new how the server set up and stuff went. I just really want a WCS server and I have played on Nuclear fallout servers before and I seem to get the best Registration with them. I dont want to have people come in and say this Reg sucks When It will be boosted by 10k fps. I might get one, Still debating on how you set up every thing never really did it please leave me info on how it works since you have owned one of those servers before please.

Offline DisturbeD

« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2009, 04:24:03 PM »
U usually get ftp access.. so just get urself a ftp browser and manage all your server data with that (-> http://filezilla-project.org/)... no need for other programms in my opinion..

But are u sure to spend 80-90 bugs per month on a server with just 10 slots?  ???

Offline D3vil

• Level 7 Expert
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2009, 07:56:01 PM »
I dont understand some people, why the hell have a 10K fps server, its just wasting money and plain stupid.

I have had normal 66 tick servers and they had perfect reg

Offline Berettonawak

• French
  • Level 7 Expert
  • Big Berettonawak is watching you...
    • Coding-Alliance.Com : A bunch of coders? Why not a bunch of players? :P
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2009, 08:39:34 PM »
Quote from: N0life
Beret, keep yourself focusing on 1 project. Be sure to memorize that down since it sounds good.
Quote from: myself
i love tuna juice :D
Quote from: Pietro
=CA= Pietro: back
=CA= Pietro: sorry, was downstair sharing my chocolate with my cat
=CA= Pietro: you should see his face when he ate it xD
Quote from: myself
=CA= Berettonawak: just because you don't have hope doesn't mean we're doomed

Offline LoganLoganLo

« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2009, 09:39:44 PM »
66 tic servers dont have the best reg. I am playing on a 66 tic server right now and its reg sucks compaired to 100s I have played on the 10k fps boost is for a lag free server which with WCS effects and stuff going on it can get really laggy depending on how much you have in there.

Offline Muerte

• Administrator
  • Level 7 Expert
    • Fortitude
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2009, 09:45:16 PM »
mwhaha i'd take a quad core,
oh already did.

can only tell: the better you purchase the less lag.
why i say this? cuz I've seen the difference between cheap and EXPENSIVE,
so in this I'd like to say: If you do have enough money, its good to buy a more advanced server/dedicated. Or you can use the money on helping the poor people, cuz they need it just like you need that server

why? you dont even know why, you just want it
like others just need it.
Anyways why you all code so late? Or early? Don't you guys sleep at all?
Sleep? What's that? Just put a wire up your arse and charge while you code during the night. Doesn't all do that, or is it just me??

joshtrav

« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2009, 11:03:57 PM »
If I buy a NFo server do I get a "Consol" on my computer not sure never really had a server before Iv played in millions of servers just never new how the server set up and stuff went. I just really want a WCS server and I have played on Nuclear fallout servers before and I seem to get the best Registration with them. I dont want to have people come in and say this Reg sucks When It will be boosted by 10k fps. I might get one, Still debating on how you set up every thing never really did it please leave me info on how it works since you have owned one of those servers before please.

You get a control panel, which has access to your sql, ftp, console, etc.

You can also easily set up HLSW to have console-like-access, but there is console view on the control panel with NFO.
In reality, you get everything as far as access to it.

Offline LoganLoganLo

« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2009, 01:47:37 AM »
Do you have to put the WCS mod on there or do they do that. If so I just wanted to know so if I add races if it would be easy or a pain in the ass to get them to do it.

Offline DisturbeD

« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2009, 02:14:25 AM »
Dont be a fag, just read some faqs.. hehe sry its too early in the morning for good jokes..

But honestly you want to run a server and the others should do the work for you? Even if your host would do everything and stuff.. what about ur racelist? how do you want to manage your users if you got no knowledge about anything..
Id highly recommend you to google a bit!